The Flight of the Old Grouch

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Goldie was very hot in bed that night. She stood in front of the mirror and looked at her breasts. She rubbed them and lifted them. She turned to me. "I really do want to have them bigger. Is it expensive? I have savings that should pay for it. And I will lose twenty pounds so you will only look at me."

"I only look at you now Dear."

"Yeah! Right! How come you were drooling while Jenny danced?"

"The same reason you did."

"Oh!"

By eight thirty the next morning Goldie was fighting a tireless bonefish on the fly. She could not believe the power and speed the six pound fish displayed. She screamed as the fish stripped the line off the reel, her rod was held high and the fish was about two hundred yards out and still running. She grinned at me, "What can I do? I can't stop him."

"Put a little more pressure on him using your finger tips on the spool very, very gently. Don't burn your fingers. Good! He is slowing some now. There he is stopped. Work him back towards the boat. Keep winding. He is coming in good now. Watch him, he is only about fifty yards out now, when he sees the boat it will scare him into another run."

"Holy shit! There he goes again, I can't believe that is only a six pound fish. Will he ever quit?"

Tag said, "Goldie, sweet girl. Just hang on. He won't go quite as far this time. Next time ought to be a good run though."

"Next time? My God. Next time!"

The fish was tiring now and she worked him back in to the boat. The fish only made one more short run before Tag came down and grabbed the fish by the tail. Goldie looked him over carefully.

"Wow! Look how streamlined he is. They can really fly through the water."

Tag grinned and released the fish. "I'll tell you why salt water fish are so tough. No matter how big a fish gets, there is always a fish big enough to eat him lurking around somewhere. There isn't any thing in that stream that can eat a six pound trout. He doesn't have to be that fast to stay alive."

We spent three hours looking for Tarpon or a Permit. No such luck. Tag said, "That's flats fishing, some days they are there and some days they aren't."

Tag was ready to start the engine when I said, "Tag, look at ten o'clock, twenty yards out." He jumped back on the polling platform. "It's a permit. Get your 10 weight outfit ready. Let me know when you are ready."

"I'm all set."

"Do you see him?"

"Yeah! I do."

"OK, put that Green Crab Fly just beyond and four feet in front of him. Perfect cast. Let it sink. He is looking at it. He took it. Hit him hard. Yeah!, You are hooked up, girl. Hang on. You have a fight on your hands now."

The fish took off on a blistering run. Goldie's reel screamed. She held her rod high and looked at me. "What the hell is this?"

"Small Permit, tough fish."

"What is he, about forty pounds?"

Tag laughed, "Honey, that's only about a twelve pounder. Look at him go." She fought this fish like a champ after his initial run. The fish kept his body sideways to the boat and made it very hard to move him. It was a good 45 minutes

before Tag was able to land him. I got good pictures. Now a tarpon. We cruised toward home and were almost there when Tag pointed, "Look, Tarpon at ten o'clock." He yanked the throttle back and grabbed the polling pole while we scrambled for a twelve weight rod. She was on the bow deck working out some line when Tag whispered, "Goldie. Cast as far as you can at eleven o'clock. Good cast, now strip about foot or foot and a half long strips. Faster, good. You have a taker, hit him as hard as you can. Great, hit him again and again. He is on. Drop your rod tip when he jumps like that."

Goldie yelled with joy, "Look at him jump, Wow! I never saw anything like that. Holy shit! Look at that!" The fish jumped and jumped. My sweet girl fought him like I had told her to. She really did great. I loved it. Finally the fish wore down. Tag lip gaffed it and pulled it aboard. I took some pictures and pulled out two scales and Tag released him. The tarpon had to weigh eighty or ninety pounds. I was so proud I couldn't speak. Tag grabbed Goldie, "You did it, you did it, a Grand Slam your first day out. Wow! I can't believe it, I have customers who have been trying for ten years to do that. Wow! You are good AND lucky." I held Goldie tightly and softly cried in her hair. She pushed me back.

"Did I do OK?"

"Darling girl, I can't begin to tell you how good you did. You were great, really great. I am very proud of my girl."

Tag was so excited he called the house on his VHF radio and gave them the news. When we pulled in to the dock everyone was there with champagne. Goldie couldn't believe everyone was so excited until she learned she was only the third one of the whole bunch of us to do it."

She looked up at me, her eyes wide, "Did you ever do it?"

"No. I have never made a Grand Slam on the Flats."

"I have," said Tag, and Joe did years ago. That's it and now you, girl, and I don't know of any woman who has done it on the fly rod. Even mine was on bait casting gear."

"None, not even Jenny or Mackie?"

The girls all crowded around Goldie, Jen held Goldie's hands, "Girl, that is a feat to really be proud of. Luck will get you hooked up on a couple of those fish. After that it is all skill and determination. Be real proud of what you did today, not a woman I know of has done it."

I walked away and stood and looked across the water. I couldn't have been happier for my little Goldie. I felt a hand on my arm, I looked down and she was smiling up at me. She grinned and said, "Thank you, what a huge present you gave me today, I love you for it."

I gently kissed her lips, "Honey, I gave you nothing but a slim chance, you did it all your self."

"I never would have had that chance but for you, and your coaching and moral support was a big part of it. When I was so tired of cranking on that damned Permit I thought my hand would fall off, you whispered that you knew I could do it. And in that second I believed it too, and I felt the fish start to give out. Oh! You were a big part of it, I know that, so thank you Dearest man, Thank you."

Tag had called a sports reported who was big on fishing and a TV crew showed up and did a story on Goldie and Tag.

A newspaper reporter showed up too. We used Tag's computer to down load the pictures from my digital camera. They were all good of Goldie. Some even showed Tag and the fish. The reporter wanted copies of a bunch of them. When the excitement died down we were eventually able to have a nice dinner.

Then we went out on the town for dancing. I never realized that so many of the natives followed fishing so close. Every place we went someone would announce who Goldie was, and what she had accomplished that day. She was wearing a beautiful dress that showed off her figure. All the guys were hitting on her and I couldn't get near her. She danced and danced and finally I took a chance and tapped her partner on the shoulder and asked to cut in. He glared at me and said, "Shove off old man."

"No you shove off, you jerk!" Goldie snapped, "that's my man."

I took her in my arms and she gently put her hand behind my head and pulled my lips to hers. "I love you," she whispered. I couldn't stop the grin from spreading over my face. We went to another club and she and Tag were pulled up on the stage and the MC explained to the crowd who they were. They got a huge round of applause and took a number of bows. I couldn't get near Goldie and I was feeling a little jealous (Really a lot jealous}, but what could I do. Jenny, sweet girl that she is, saw my distress and sat and held my hand and asked if I were a little jealous about all the attention Goldie was getting. I was ashamed to admit it but I told her that was the case. She said to just sit where I was for minute and she would fix everything, I was to just go with the flow she said. I saw her talk with some girls by the bar. Jen walked past me and grinned. Not far behind her was a very, very sexy looking young lady. She sat and we talked and she said she would love to dance with me. I said fine, and we moved out on the floor. She held me very close and I tried to pull back and she whispered, "Relax, this won't take long."

We went around the floor and as we approached my table she kissed me on the lips and said, "Thank you Ted, maybe later." and walked away. I looked down and Goldie was sitting at the table. "Hi! Are you having fun?" She just looked at me. She said, "Teddy, I love you with all my heart. Please forgive me. I am so ashamed of myself."

"For what, what did you do?"

"I left you setting here while I danced and flirted with all the guys. I meant no harm. Then I saw you dance with that gorgeous girl. It was like a knife in my heart and I knew exactly how you must feel watching me make a fool of myself. I'll never do that again. Never. I have never had so many men want to dance with me. It just made me act silly. It was harmless but I know it hurt you. That makes me want to cry."

"I love you little girl, I really do." Jenny stopped by the table and said everyone else was ready to go home, were we ready?

I looked at Goldie she nodded. I said, "I will stay and let you dance all you want. If you want to stay longer."

"No way, take me home."

When we got to Tag's everyone wanted a nightcap so we all sat around a huge table on the patio. Goldie raised her hand, "Please forgive me if I embarrassed any of you. I am only a silly country girl. All the attention turned my head for a bit. I know I hurt poor Ted and for that I am deeply ashamed. I love him so much just the thought that I hurt him makes me cry, sob, I didn't mean it, sob." and she turned to me and cried on my shoulder. I shed one or two myself and I petted her back and calmed her down.

Mackie said, "Goldie, dear is that the first time you have goofed a itty bit in public?"

Goldie nodded as she wiped her eyes.

"Hell, sugar, you have got two or three more coming before you can join this crowd. I know Ted has forgiven you, and I know it took a lot of guts to confess in front of this bunch. We all love you. But I want to know why you just didn't dance with Ted, Joe told me Ted was one of the best dancers he has ever seen."

Goldie looked up at me. "I didn't know you were a good dancer."

"It never came up, and I haven't danced in years except a few slow dances with you."

Joe said, "Ted, why don't you dance with Jenny, she is very good."

I looked at Goldie. She clapped her hands and said, "Oh! Yes, I would love to see that."

I looked at Jenny, she grinned, "Come on big guy, let's cut a rug."

I stood and said, "Someone put some music on, and please remember I am twenty something years older than when Joe saw me dance." Mackie and Jen went in the house and I followed them. Mackie had a huge collection of music. I picked out a couple I liked and Jen picked out a couple too. We looked at what the other had picked. We grinned at each other. We walked out on the patio. There was a nice, if small, dance floor there.

The music started with a Salsa and Jen was very good and really moved well. I was a bit awkward because I had only danced the dance about twice before. I wasn't too bad though. I was able to make her look good. The next tune was an old jitterbug and I could really shine there. Jen was grinning as I threw her around and we really did cut a rug. I wanted to throw her over my shoulder but didn't dare try it. I did throw her between my legs a couple of times. She came up laughing. The next was lovely waltz that let me really show her off. She was really, really good. The last number was mine and it was an old love song. I stood holding Jenny close and whispered in her ear what I wanted to do and told her she could finish any way she wanted. She grinned bigger than ever. She basically stood still while I danced around her. The story of the song was of lovers parting. I caressed her body and face and made passionate love to her but actually never touched her. My hands were always a inch away from her as I appeared to rub her, breasts, arms, legs, face, and ass. It was very sensual and sensuous. When I was through I stood and Jenny danced around me in the same manner. Damn she was good. When we were through I pulled her to me and actually kissed her. The little group exploded with clapping and cheers. I held Jen's hand and we took a bow. Goldie ran and threw her arms around my neck and kissed me.

"Teddy, that was wonderful, I really am amazed. All of it was great but that last dance was the sexiest thing I have ever seen. I thought you were going to screw her right out on the floor, and she looked like she was going to let you. Then she did the same to you. Wow! You guys are hot."

Jen smiled and took my hands, "You are something else. I have never danced with anyone who moves as well as you do, and I have danced with a lot of pros. I'll tell you, we would have made a mint off of that last number in night clubs. With lights and costumes and such it would be spectacular. I loved it. God damned but you are good. If you had started taking my clothes off I was so into it I would have let you. What a strip routine that would make."

I said, "Never would have worked for me though."

"Why not?" asked Goldie.

"I don't dance well with an erection, which I would have undressing our Jenny."

Every one laughed.

"Well the floor would have been real wet and slippery before you took every thing off. I still can't believe how graceful you are. Did you dance professionally?"

"Just for a little bit. When I was very young. Has to be almost fifty years ago."

"Oh! Ted, can you teach me to dance like that?" asked Goldie.

"Darling, I am going to be too busy teaching myself how you like to be loved. When I finish that ask me."

"I can wait, first things first."

Tag laughed, "Now there is a girl who knows what to say."

Joe grinned, "That is the last time I suggest you dance with MY wife. I didn't know you would seduce her right in front of us. You real old guys are hard to keep up with."

Goldie hugged me tight, "He ain't as old as you think, he sure acts young in bed."

I blushed I guess, everyone giggled.