All Comments on 'The Girl Across The Street'

by HStoner

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
Wynot55Wynot55almost 4 years ago

Well wrtiien, enticing images built very well. Looking forward to more of this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
DOVE

She dived into the pool.

A dove is a bird.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Dove

Drive - drove - driven

Dive - dove - dived

English is at base a Germanic language and the Germanic languages form the past tenses by changing the vowel sound in the verb. After 1066 English was heavily influenced by Norman French and by borrowing words from Latin. French, Italian, Spanish and the other languages derived from Latin use d or t to indicate past tenses and when English took French or Latin verbs it kept the past tenses. After a while the the vowel changes began to seem odd to English speakers and verbs began changing to use a final d to indicate the past.

Some verbs changed early, some still haven't or are just starting (see, swim), some are in process (I dive - I dived and I dove - I have dived). It's not consistent because language is a living thing.

I'd agree that dived is more common these days, but there's nothing incorrect about dove. There is, however, a lot that's incorrect about telling people off when you're ignorant and too lazy to check the facts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
DOVE

Anon - per Merriam-Webster, it’s also the past tense of Dive.

SirBruce69SirBruce69almost 4 years ago
Good start, eager for more!

Uniquely well written and engaging story. Anonymous should consult a dictionary for past tense of dive.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Past tense of dive is both dived and dov

If you are reading erotica to be an English teacher, learn your stuff. Otherwise just punish what you can grab of yourself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Nice story, loved the ending.

BTW, most US authorities, eg. Webster, in recent times accept dived or dove as correct.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary dove (with a long o) is the past tense of dive.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Anonymous is Wrong!

You're wrong...check your Webster's as dove and dived are interchangeable.

zooliciouszooliciousalmost 4 years ago

Always a good experience when hstoner writes.

warm4warm4almost 4 years ago
Love it

I sense another great thread starting. Looking forward for more. Thank you.

FatStratFatStratalmost 4 years ago
More?

Ended kind of abruptly, didn't it?

capecpl48capecpl48almost 4 years ago

Three could be more, so much more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
wow

Looks like our hero stumbled upon The Naked Skull And Bones society...

GoofyRobGoofyRobalmost 4 years ago
Drat

Incorrect word usage in several spots cost a star. You are a better author than to let dumb stuff slip by.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Sudden ending....

Seems like there was at least a sentence or two missing from the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

When I started this story, I paid no attention to who the author was. When I finished and discovered who it was I was not surprised. HStoner, you are magnificent. Looking forward to chapter 2.

Cyberweasel89Cyberweasel89almost 3 years ago

All in all, not what I expected going in. And I'm disappointed by that, rather than pleasantly surprised.

The writing was stiff and awkward. Lots of WAY too formal language, to the point it sometimes seemed like the author doesn't know how emotion works when speaking.

The title and description imply to me that Danielle is a nudist and the protagonist won't be. Considering she's only nude around the home, I don't think Danielle is much of a nudist, and I was disappointed to find the protagonist joining her in being nude. I was hoping for a more unique take where the protagonist accepts that his girlfriend is a nudist, but she respectfully does not feel he's required to join her in it, and so he doesn't.

I found Danielle to be... cookie-cutter. Like, aside from the skinny-dipping, she's not anything special. Literotica is PLAGUED by girls with her exact body type of "slender but with C-cup or under boobs." She mentioned being a bit heavy for a dancer, but this contradicts the way her body type and bust size were described. This line about her being "heavy for a dancer" would've fit better, and made her less of a bland and more notable character, if she had more curves and larger breasts to suit her statement about her weight.

All in all, it just feels like wasted potential. It promises a unique premise and special leading lady, but makes it a more generic story with cookie-cutter characters and a simple recurring theme of skinny dipping, further marred by a downright clinical way of writing it to the point it feels like the narrator does not feel emotions. It could've been so much more than what it turned out as...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The plot thickens. I predict Will will discover the Heartland Bank lady Elaine is up to no good. Will will get into trouble, but Danielle will save him and they will live nude-illy ever after.

Incidentally there is a Heartland Bank in New Zealand.

MADDOGINTEXASMADDOGINTEXASabout 2 years ago

Very, very nice story...good back-story info, characters are introduced easily and comfortably...all-in-all, I really enjoyed this.

Danielle, and her parents, are quite nice, accepting Will ever-so-easily into their inner-fold; not too easy these days, TRUST is a commodity to be well guarded!!

Unlike the creep below, I give you five **5** Stars...well-deserved, at that!

Barest1Barest1over 1 year ago

You are definitely a master! You have definitely hooked me as a reader and supporter! Thank you!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous