The Interpeter

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Oksana squealed with delight. "Oh, my God! That is best compliment ever!" she said as she threw her arms around McCarthy. She gave him a huge hug then turned to Langston and said, "Did you hear that? He said I have almost no accent! Just like you!"

Langston smiled and told her, "It's true. You've worked so hard since we got to the States. Your English was pretty good when I met you but it's damn near perfect now."

McCarthy wasn't sure exactly what he'd said that made her so happy so Langston gave him the short version of what it means to really be fluent and how long it takes to get there. "Oh, okay. So my year of Spanish in college doesn't make me fluent."

Both Langstons burst out laughing. "No, being able to talk about the weather or order a taco isn't fluency," Keith told him. "Learning a foreign language is like flying an F-18 well. A guy with a private pilot's license is a pilot and he probably thinks he's pretty hot shit. But put him in the cockpit of a Hornet and he'd shit his pants. There's familiar and then there's fluent."

"Do you do any tutoring, Oksana?" Mike asked.

"No. I never thought about it. Why?"

"Russian is really interesting. I wouldn't mind learning it and I thought if perhaps you tutored then, well..."

Langston quickly but also nonchalantly jumped on that. "Honey, you should do that. You could work with Mike an hour a day once he's done with this job for General Anderson. Mike? When does your real estate class start with relation to your last day as Dave's aide?"

"I've got just over a two-week lag. I was gonna use that time to get my place set up and all squared away."

"Speaking of that, I asked Mike to bunk with us during that interim period. He seems to think he'd be imposing. What do you think, Oksana?"

"Imposing? That's nonsense! We have so much room and it's always too quiet here. I insist you take one of our rooms until you get settled. No arguing!"

"You guys drive a hard bargain. Okay, I'll take you up on your offer. Maybe I can actually mow the lawn and earn my keep."

"Great! You can bring your stuff over whenever it's convenient. If you're like most bachelors you've got a sea bag (duffel bag in naval speak) and and a suitcase of clothes and whatever sports gear you own. Now, about that tutoring. Honey, what do you think?"

Oksana was clearly flattered. "Gee, I don't know. I don't have any materials or even textbook. I'm still being tutored in English myself!"

"No need for anything formal, sweetie. Just start with simple conversation and go from there. You can get some really basic stuff from the internet for Mike to read and you're off to the races."

"Well, I guess if Mike wants to then I could do that. Sure."

"This is really amazing. I can't thank you two enough for letting me stay here and for the chance to learn some Russian. I feel like I should be writing you guys big, fat checks."

"All joking aside, we won't take a dime from you. Free room and board, free tutoring, and anything else you need is on us until you get your feet on the ground. That way, you'll owe me and one day I may call in my marker."

Langston looked at Oksana and nodded his encouragement. "Okay! I will do it. So we'll meet here then. What time is best for you?" she asked him.

"This Friday is my last day at work. I could bring my uh...two bags over here Saturday morning and we can decide from there."

"Sounds perfect!" Oksana bubbled.

Langston interrupted and said, "Why don't you plan on having dinner with us again Saturday night, Mike? You guys can study after that and then work out a schedule."

He looked at Oksana who nodded. Langston said, "Okay, then. It's settled. See you this weekend."

The said their goodbyes to Mike and closed the door. Oksana was thrilled. She said to Keith, "I'm so excited about this! He's such a good guy. It's nice to be able to help out, you know? I can't believe I will finally be teaching someone instead of being taught. This is just really cool!"

Langston managed not to laugh. Oksana never said things like "cool" so it was obvious she was really excited about having a house guest. Getting Mike moved in here was the first step. Getting him and Oksana better acquainted was the second. Convincing them to um...get together...was the third but that might not be so easy. Then again, Langston was a problem solver and problems should never be viewed as problems but as opportunities for excellence. Okay, that was a tired cliche, but even cliches held a few grains of truth.

So far, so good. That was Langston's thought as he gingerly helped Oksana carry the dirty dishes to the kitchen to load into the dishwasher.

It took Mike all of five minutes to "move in" to move in to the Langston's Saturday morning. He showed up at 8am and by 8:30 he was out mowing the lawn for the first time that year. It was still cool outside so he didn't even break a sweat.

He was back inside asking Langston what else he could take care of around the house while he was on a role. Before he could answer they heard Oksana call out, "I'm heading to gym for my spinning class!"

Two hours later a bubbly Oksana came home looking for her husband. "Keith? Where are you? I have to tell you something!"

"In the bedroom, honey." He was in his usual new spot—the bed—watching a pre-season baseball game. The Braves were at home playing the Pirates. He wasn't too interested. It was just better than boring holes in the ceiling with his eyes. "What's going on?"

"I have best idea! You know how I am always looking for Lindsay to find boyfriend or better job? I have really great idea from Mike!"

Langston tapped the bed indicating he wanted Okansa to sit next to him which she did. He took her hand and asked, "So what's this great idea?"

"I talked to him about this class and then I called Lindsay and she wants to go to real estate school and get license. What do you think?"

Langston pretended to be concerned and said, "I think that's fantastic. She's got enough money from the life insurance to take care of the kids but having a career of her own sounds smart. Great idea, honey!"

Langston decided to also pretend to be a little jealous. Not doing so might arouse suspicion. "Did you happen to mention there would be a handsome, young, former Marine Corps officer in the class by any chance?"

"It may have come up," she coyly. "I think she and Mike would be good fit."

She threw her feet onto the bed and gently put her arm over his chest. "Does this hurt?" she asked. He shook his head. "Good. I want to be close to you. Thank you for supporting me with class for Lindsay. It is why I love you so much. You always support me. And I trust you, too. With everything." She lay beside him for a minute or so then said, "I know we said we wouldn't ever discuss your, you know...fantasy...again, but I have been thinking about this many times. I go back and forth between wanting to do it just to make you happy and being upset still because you want me to do such a thing. So I must keep thinking about this, okay? I'm still not saying 'yes' but I'm also not saying 'no way'...anymore. "

"I understand," said Langston. "I know you don't want to talk about it and that's why I've never even mentioned it again." He paused briefly then said, "I have checked a couple of times to make sure you still have my favorite pink sweater, though."

She hit him playfully then said. "Yes? Well, so have I." She stayed there another moment being saying, "So are you really okay with me doing such a thing? I know I already ask but...."

"Of course I am, honey. But the choice is yours, not mine."

Oksana ran her hand up and down Langston's chest. "Speaking of choices. You don't know how much I am wanting to make love with you right now."

He kissed her on the top of her head and said, "Actually, I'm pretty sure I do."

She shut the door and took off her shorts. She was still a little sweaty from her spinning class but her pussy was soaking wet. Langston was able to get her off in less than two minutes. Oksana was very vocal in the bedroom but she forced herself to stifle her screams and instead kept it down to a deep, muffled moan. "Oh, fuck! That is feeling so good!" she gasped once she finished coming. "I will take now shower now, okay? Then we have lunch and I start tutoring new student in Russian." Evidently, they'd decided not to wait until after dinner. Fine. The earlier the better in Langston's view.

Oksana was positively beaming. Langston was happy. He had no way of knowing if Mike would "take" the way he hoped he would or even if he'd be interested in Oksana that way but this was the first and only real opportunity that had come their...no, his...way...since they met and more specifically, since the subject first came up. The key was to maximize their time together and hope nature would take its course. Well, along with a lot of encouragement from a husband who wasn't at all jealous.

For the next week, Langston found every possible reason to get the two of them together. Maybe an additional hour of tutoring? Can you guys run to the store and pick something up for me? Why don't you show Mike how to make Ukrainian food? Langston carefully watched to see whether or not there were smiles or laughter and or even better, some kind of touching. Any kind. There were plenty of the former but not so much as an innocent touch between them. At least not that he knew of. He was going to have up the ante.

"Mike, Oksana? I've got a great idea! We haven't watched Oksana's favorite movie, Dr. Zhivago, for a couple of years."

Oksana immediately perked up and smiled. "Oh, yes! And we can watch it in Russian!" she said happily.

"Uh, honey? I don't think a week of tutoring is gonna be enough to allow Mike to follow the storyline. Have you seen the movie before, Mike?"

"No, I haven't. What's it about?" he asked.

"Oh, no. I'm not gonna spoil it for you. Why don't you two run out and get us a bottle of very expensive wine and rent the DVD in English. We own the Russian DVD but that won't be very interesting for you yet, I'm afraid."

"Come on, Mike! Let's go! I can't wait for you see to watch it with us. It's so sad. So...romantic. So...heartbreaking. I know you'll love it! What kind of wine do you like?" she bubbled.

"I'm not much of a connoisseur so don't spend a lot for my sake."

"You'll like what I'm going to pick up. And I'll show you some other really good ones that don't cost too much. I'll make a connoisseur out of you yet. I promise!"

They grabbed her keys and headed out. Mike opened her door even though she was driving. The smile she flashed at him when they were face to face was heartening. Langston was still impotent but he was certain that would change in time. For now, the fact that he couldn't perform was also working in his favor. Oksana was faithful but she hadn't had sex in a very long time and she'd never gone more than two days without it since they'd met.

They were gone almost two hours for what should have taken 30 minutes tops. That was a good thing. Or at least Langston hoped it was.

When they walked in the house Oksana called out, "Honey? Let me show you what we found! You're gonna love it!"

Langston limped into the kitchen as she pulled a bottle of their favorite wine. She produced a bottle of their favorite wine that was $350 a pop. Okay, it was their favorite wine costing less than $500 a bottle. They'd tasted a few very expensive wines before that were better, but for the money, this stuff was pure gold and worth every dollar. When she removed a second bottle she said, "I hope you don't mind spending this much. We just haven't gone out in so long or spent any money and I...." She stopped and looked horrified. "Oh, Keith. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I just..."

"Oksana. Anything you do is okay with me, honey. Anything. You know that. So no worries, okay? I'm glad you did this. After all, you have a novice here so your work is cut out for you."

She put her arms around him and kissed him. "You're getting skinny, Langston. I'm going to stuff you with all my favorite Ukrainian dishes. Mike is going to help me with them, right Mike?" she said over his shoulder.

"I wouldn't miss it. I'm actually starting to enjoy it. 'Это очень вкусно'," "It tastes really good," he said proudly.

"Very nice, my friend," Langston told him. "The accent wasn't bad, either."

"Oksana is not only a very good cook. She's also a excellent teacher."

Langston opened one of the bottles and poured everyone a glass.

He raised his glass and said, "На здоровье!" Everyone clinked glasses and took a first sip.

"Oh, my God! That is so good!" Oksana exclaimed. "Mike? What do you think? Is it as good as I told you it would be?"

He swirled it in his glass and said, "Like I said, I'm not much of a connoisseur. I can't really tell."

"Take another sip!" she insisted.

Mike took one more, let it sit on his tongue, then swallowed. He shook his head. "Nope. Sorry. Can't tell."

Oksana was exasperated. "That's impossible. Here. Hold on." She grabbed a bottle of $20 wine from the rack and opened it. She poured some in a glass and said, "Now try this. If you can't tell the difference you'll have to move out. We can't have some guy with no taste living in our house!"

McCarthy gingerly reached for it and said, "Oh, boy. Talk about being under pressure!" He swirled this one too, took another small sip and said, "I guess I better grab my things and go find a motel."

Oksana feigned being furious. She reached out to grab the glass of cheap of wine. "Okay. You're hopeless. Give me that!," she said. As she reached for it, her blouse caught on the handle of a drawer. Her momentum carried her forward and the entire drawer flew out of the cabinet. As it came crashing down, silverware and knives flew everywhere. Oksana literally jumped into McCarthy's arms.

"Чёрт возьми! (Damn it!) That scared the shit out me!" Oksana said. Langston couldn't help but laugh. She still swore in Russian if something startled her. Her arms were around Mike's neck. She looked over at Langston then back at Mike before they both also started laughing. "Thank you for catching me, but what am I going to do with you? You have no taste in fine wines. This is very big problem," she teased.

She looked back at Keith then again at McCarthy. Her voice trailed off as their eyes met as she realized her husband was standing there watching as he held her. She assumed the situation bothered him so she said, "Okay. I'm safe. Put me down!" she said with feigned indignation. Just as quickly, she stepped away while doing her best to pretend what just happened didn't happen. She turned to her husband and said, "It looks like just wasted $700 bucks on this guy! Why do you keep him around here?"

Langston smiled and said, "I have my reasons. Trust me, okay?"

Mike and Oksana spent the next couple of hours in the kitchen slicing, dicing, preparing, and baking. Langston was grateful for all the laughter and the playful banter. He couldn't see them but he liked how they were having fun together. It might just be second glass of wine but still, it was very pleasant.

They had a third glass with dinner then set down to watch the movie together. Langston insisted on sitting in his special chair for "lumbar support." Oksana protested loudly but to no avail. Mike sat in a recliner next to the couch. "Oh, great! I'm watching a movie with two handsome men and I end up sitting alone on couch!"

"Hey, Marine! You can't see the TV from there. Move over here on the couch. Oksana won't bite. At least not too hard, right honey?" He could tell McCarthy was uncomfortable so Langston said, "Listen. I can't move so if you don't, we're both gonna have to put up with this the rest of the night. How 'bout you take one for the team, Mike?"

McCarthy looked over at Langston and he nodded toward the couch so Mike got up and sat about two feet away from Oksana. The wine was having its effect and she said, "I don't normally bite. But after so much wine anything is possible. So sit here at own risk, okay?"

"Satisfied now?" Langston teased. She snorted which was code for "hardly." Langston decided that was about as good as he could hope for so he said very authoritatively, "I think that's much better. Okay, role the tape!"

After half an hour Langston asked Oksana to get them all another glass of wine. "Great idea!" she said. "Pause movie. I want to see when Yuri comes home. It's best part of movie."

When she returned, he thanked her as she sat down and handed another glass to McCarthy. Langston waited five more minutes then said paused the DVD. "I'm sorry, honey. My back is really killing me. I can't sit here anymore."

"Oh, it's okay. We can finish watching it tomorrow. It's no problem."

"Oh, no! Absolutely not. Mike needs to see how this one ends. You two go ahead and I'm gonna go lay down and rest my back."

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"Absolutely. You enjoy your wine and the movie and I'll see you guys in the morning, okay?"

"If you're sure," she said wistfully.

"Besides, we've watched this half a dozen times so I think I know how it ends."

Oksana stuck out her tongue at him then said, "But it still makes me cry every time. Okay, go to bed then. Good night. Hope you feel better."

"Good night, Keith," Mike said.

Langston crawled into bed and grabbed his tablet. He'd had a series of tiny cameras mounted around the house for security purposes several years ago so he could keep an eye on the place remotely when he was out of town. He could easily toggle between rooms to hear and see whatever was going on. One was in their living room and another in their bedroom as that's where her jewelry and their safe was.

The movie was long enough that it had a formal intermission. During it, Oksana got up and poured them each the last of the wine in the second bottle. Langston watched them clink glasses as she hit the 'play' button to begin the second half. For the next half hour, neither one moved much or said a word. But when Yuri's wife learned of Lara, his lover, Langston could tell Oksana was crying. McCarthy looked over at her and when he saw she was crying he asked, "You okay?"

"Yes. This part always makes me cry. He loves his family but he can't stop loving his mistress. Is so sad."

He patted the seat cushion next to her and she slid over next to him and put her head on his shoulder. "Nice," Langston thought. "Now, make the next logical move."

Moments later, McCarthy lifted up his arm and put it around Oksana's shoulders. She snuggled in closer then sat down her wine glass and grabbed Mike's hand with hers. They sat that way until the end of the movie. When it ended and the credits were rolling Oksana looked up and asked, "So did you like it?"

McCarthy said, "I did. It was very enjoyable."

Langston could tell Oksana was looking directly into his eyes when she asked, "The movie?"

McCarthy said, "The movie was just okay. But...this...was very nice."

"I enjoyed it very much too, Mike." She put her hand on his chest and said, "I'm glad you're here. I like that you are staying with us."

McCarthy lifted his arm up and said, "I think we've had too much wine. It's time we said goodnight and went to bed, don't you think?"

Oksana sat up, sighed and said, "Yes. Of course. You're right. Thank you for watching movie with me."

"My pleasure," McCarthy said. He stood up then grabbed his wine glass. As he did, Oksana reached for his hand.

"Can you help me stand up?" she said. "I think I'm leetle beet drunk." Her accent loosened up when she got too tipsy.

"Sure." McCarthy helped her stand and they were once again looking into one another's eyes.

"Can I tell you something?" Oksana said.

"Of course. Anything," Mike told her.