All Comments on 'Vows'

by GirlintheMoon

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
LaRascasseLaRascasseover 5 years ago
Good story

In 750 words you capture the hopelessness of conflict and the effect it has on those left behind. I also liked how you hinted at the government and the society of the day and left the rest open to interpretation. Good job.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 5 years ago
I'm very sorry but this was written a bit too late !

…..for Cher to do a video based this story for her last huge chart busting hit. Hint : its one word, starts with B and ends with e.. Maybe Ariana Grande can do a cover of that tune with this GITM theme for her video ? She can be very hard on SNL comedians, but is able warble a little and quite easy to look at. Almost as easy as this story was to read and appreciate.

Ergo the Obvious Score

Full marks *****

stev2244stev2244over 5 years ago

Excellent and very sad.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Very Nice, But...

This would fit very nicely with the single scene project!

I know this was limited by the word limit, but I find myself craving details of the larger context.

Maybe you could write that story!

Five stars!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
Sad, sweet, and romantic.

This is some seriously good writing! Great job, and thanks for the hard work for us readers! Very good story.

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
Sci-Fi

I need to post something in Sci-fi about sentient erotica sites eating comments, 'cause my rather placid comment from earlier is missing.

Anywho, wonderful story. Poignant, sad and hopeful at the end.

luedonluedonover 5 years ago
Wonderful

Very few on this site paint an emotional word picture as well as GitM.

Lue

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
Awesome!

I simply loved this!

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMeover 5 years ago
Felt longer

You packed a lot into your word limit. It felt like a much longer story. Nicely done.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
Always a thrill.

I am under a charm when I read your words. Simply peerless. Thank you, Randi.

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 5 years ago
Truly an example of Excellence

You have demonstrated the perfection possible in this form of storytelling.

Of all the other entrants to the 750-word event. Some of which are a bit pedestrian, some of which are quite clever or even just quite enjoyable; your story stands out, head (and shoulders!) above its peers.

My hat (well, proverbially, at least) is off to you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great writing but not a story 4 stars

This is a compelling scene that makes the reader want more. Please expand on this.

reasonable man

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 5 years ago
Beautiful

You use words so well.

#crush

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well written 750 words

But maybe too good. It simply seems too short with far too little information. I appreciate the effort but am disappointed to not know more.

Crusader235Crusader235over 5 years ago
Wow

You've painted a complete picture of sadness, and hope, in 750 words. Five Stars. I hope some day you'll tell the rest of their story, we would like that.

King_WillieKing_Willieabout 4 years ago
One day I wish to be half this good a storyteller

Superb short story, the way you manage to capture the moment always gets to me.

It strikes me that before you mentioned newspaper and guns, this could have taken place at any period in history.

He could be a viking warrior, a WW1 soldier, a medieval peasant conscripted by his baron into his infantrymen...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yes, great example of a short story. Impactful, powerful, heartbreaking. I would love to see this seed grow into a sunflower.

Ranger001Ranger001about 1 year ago

Powerful and poi​gnant. Well written.

DukeofPaducahDukeofPaducah28 days ago

This precisely captures foreboding clouds on the horizon; the man’s repeated warnings bring to mind simmering calamity stoked with a fresh load of fuel. You, madam, punch above your weight.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGirlintheMoon@GirlintheMoon
I write filthy stories and drink too much coffee. *** Come find me on twitter: girlinthemoon7 ***