All Comments on 'What You Wish For Pt. 02'

by Rehnquist

Sort by:
  • 140 Comments
GToastGToastover 13 years ago
Where the hell is this going?

Quit teasing us, already!

I'm rooting for Susan, by the way. I just have this feeling.

Great stuff.

Wonder_OneWonder_Oneover 13 years ago
Thanks,

The women seem real, the ex controlling like ex's frequently try to be.

swimwriterswimwriterover 13 years ago
he is a man

that is how a real character responds

you are good

and your each submissions r always better than ur previous ones.

really last part of this was best i have ever read on lit , hubby reacting to ex.

grogers7grogers7over 13 years ago
Still superb... and counting: 1, 2, ...

Isn't it "rubbing my nose in it" -- rather than -- "rubbing it in my nose" ?

... and spaces surrounding an "en dash" or "em dash" or "double hyphen" rather than an unspaced hyphen as separating punctuation (that's in Part.01 -- but it has been bothering me)

That's it. That's all my critique. You'll have to wait for Harry, Oscar's protege, to read some criticism.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
another good job

perhaps YOU should write a book

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 13 years ago
wow tyler get a spine

nice to see.

of course Tyler had to know that the ex-wife cousin was going to bring Kirstin back into his life in some form or another.

still it is interesting... that given how long it has been since the break up and divorce? funny how she thinks she can order Tyler around.

xtremeddxtremeddover 13 years ago
Oh what a tangled web.... poor Kristin.

RQ,

Look forward to #3. Don't think anyone guessed what is next.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

pogmapogmaover 13 years ago
Dam good.....

I noticed 2 little slips but there was no harm done. I actually got by the first one before I caught it. The word was for and I think or was what you wanted and I'd have to reread page two to find the second one. But who am I to second guess the author, so ignore my comment.

The characters are wonderful and flow seems natural, virtually seamless. I am looking forward to "the rest of the story".

Thanks for the effort and time this took.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good!

I like all you stories and this one is really good. Don't let Susan get away!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
wow

Not sure where you're going with this (so I guess I'll have to read all of it), but I am amazed that you could keep Tyler so cool when he ran into the ex. I know I couldn't have been. Again a very enjoyable read and I look forward to the subsequent parts of this story.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
The first chapter was no fluke, can't wait for chapter three!!!

Your story, while a fantasy, is very believeable. I like the way you show the inner strength of Tyler and his self-assurance. His loyalty to his family only imparts more empahy from all who know him. Allie really sound delicious. Keep 'em coming please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great

It must be a great feeling as a writer to see that minor grammar or punctuation glitches are the only serious flaws you have committed.

dinkymacdinkymacover 13 years ago
Yep!

It's getting even better!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
wow!

seriously rehnquist, this is one awesome story! just enough story to make you want more, so now i cant fucking wait till till the next chapter. the story, relationship, everything seems pretty great, hell you could even make this a book.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I Will Keep This Simple

Well, maybe not; in the best, opening chords of Led Zeppelin's 'Kashmir' manner, you rock!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Still enjoying it, still gonna come back for more....However....

This felt a little rushed. You squeezed alot into 3 pages. I know the initial submission had alot of scene setting but still. I am an avid reader of WWWM and i think this is easily as good as that. What i think stories like this provide is something to sink your teeth into...something substantial. I would much prefer having to wait for a few days to get a good meaty portian rather than have a little each day...Just dont go as spread as Mr QSteele....think he has gone a little the other way :P

All in all...good word...just remember....Style and Substance are always worth waiting for :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Mr. Rehnquist

Mr. Rehnquist what a talent you are! What gift your story is!

Lord_GroLord_Groover 13 years ago

Yep. A decent follow-up to the first installment. As someone else commented, it seemed a bit rushed in terms of the story line, that's about my only quibble.

Will continue to look forward to the next installment

movermoverover 13 years ago
A Ton Of Sex?

Hmmmmmm, this last scene was at least 1999 pounds. I swear I could smell it, or was it my mustache from last night? Either way, glad you took the critics seriously when they mentioned your feminine character development, brought a lot of happiness to us geezers. Now if I could get the recipe for the tomato bread salad....

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Like the story

Enjoying the story thus far. Have read several of your submissions and all are very good-technically and aesthetically. Since Allie has an English background, I wonder if she is the freelance editor or if Tyler will hire her to edit his book? Can't wait for part 3 to be available. Thanks for writing.

Rick

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
mmmm...

really liking this story. ready for the next installment.

mickymouse113mickymouse113over 13 years ago
Who's your daddy

Hopping that the kid ain't his beacuse then I'd have to root for reconciliation.

I've noticed the plug for Bar and Grill that links to your story.

I'm rooting for Susan. If they don't get together than give Susan a Life.

BriteaseBriteaseover 13 years ago
Still great

Now I've got to wait for no 3. Great writing, and just the right pace to keep you fully involved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Give it another twist!

Forgive me for my unrestrained bloodlust, but it felt good to see him handle the cheating ex in the manner that hurt her most; complete indifference. I have seen plenty of relationships tank - and wished I could have pulled off that kind of "so what?" bravado. Then again, having a new girlfriend like Allisyn has to help. As for the other commenters who feel this whole thing is going too fast, my response is: Waddaya want, another "When We Were Married"? Let's get this one done while we are all still young enough to enjoy it!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 13 years ago
What's not to like?

I find this story has my complete attention. Each morning finds me looking for the next chapter. I have no idea how any critic can like one chapter and not the other. This is well written and the writer has shown us readers tremendous consideration by having the story already completed and posting a chapter daily.

Of course things work a little better for our hero than for most of us, but who would want to read a story about our average, boring lives? Most of us don't make that kind of money, bed those kind of women, write best sellers, and make great cabinets. That's why this guy is our hero. One has to give the devil his due, and this devil Rehnquist is at the top of his game. His writing is as good as we will find in these sites. We are fortunate that The Judge is so generous with his talent. Is there something about the letter Q in a pen name that makes for exceptional writing? Perhaps I will start posting under HardQdaysknight? If I thought it would produce stories like these guys post, I'd do it in a New York minute!

vietvetvietvetover 13 years ago
Already:

Only the second chapter and someone wants to know where this is going.

It is obvious, if you will keep your shirt on and read this great story, "IT WILL END AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE STORY". Thats where it's going, to the end.

SSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS.

Get a life and enjoy this submission by one of the greatest writers on this site.

Thanks again for the great read and I personally like where you ended your first two chapters, leaving us with a great deal of information and a tease as to what is coming next, with a desire to read more as soon as possible.

Thanks for this great story.

Tom

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
Damn

I don't usually see the wifes point of view or try to. But the way she was treated is fucked up. It seems Tyler did not care what his wife said. She told him she was lonely. He told her to get a fucking job, and help out. She basically told him she missed him. Tyler stuck to the get a fucking job. She told him she wanted a baby. Tyler didn't want to be an absentee father. Tyler was selfishly thinking about himself. The ex would have probably been happy with a baby to take care of. They had known each other a long time, why didn't he listen? So, she had enough and left him, maybe with his unborn child. Tyler missed the big picture, now he is living with the result. I don't know where the story is going, but that is how I see the last part of their marriage. I liked the way you injected places from your other stories. I will read to find out if Tyler is an asshole or a king.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Annoyed at the Ex

What a piece of work the Ex is... She didn't even ask about his mum and how she was, or how he and the family were. All she cared about was her selfish self.

Keep it coming as it is a great read!!!

Mousse9Mousse9over 13 years ago

For some reason my comment in part 1 was anonymous. Must've logged out or something.

I had already anticipated the confrontation between Kristin and Tyler, ever since he had to go back home (and especially after saying yes to Allie), but not like this. Indifference! I thought he'd get angry.

IS the kid his? Gah.

Will be waiting for part 3!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Get off the Husband!

Every married man has had this dilemma. Wife wants you home more, but gets upset when lifestyle takes a hit. So Husband goes back to work to make wife happy. Been there done that, except for the divorce.

I have seen that too in other marriages. They want less work but the same money. Immature women.

What was wrong with getting a job, she got a lover. I'm looking forward to another chapter. Too real, but great reading.

LakesLakesover 13 years ago
Excellent writing, pace has a good beat...

The characters are developing some depth and I have no idea where it is going... which is good. Looking forward to the rest. Thanks for writing all of it so it can be posted on successive days!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Very enjoyable!

Thoroughly enjoying it and wait eagerly for the next....

Don't worry about Daniel, you're pretty good yourself. I've enjoyed all your stories.

HatsudaHatsudaover 13 years ago
Still works for me!

and I don't have to dodge typo's and crappy grammar to work through it.

Good work! I'm in for the next submission!

H -

StangStar06StangStar06over 13 years ago
Solo good!

This story is great, I can hardly wait for the next part, I like Allie but Susan is the one for Tyler. Allie obviously has an agenda of her own. She's a nice diversion but she's not his Mustang. Keep it up this is great!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
guy handled the confrontation

superbly, Great story so far, looking forward to the next chapter.

victoriangentvictoriangentover 13 years ago
Kinda hard

to make a comment on a near perfect story other than to tell you I am patiently awaiting the next installment.

But I do have a comment to grogers7 in reference to his question. Is is "rubbing my nose in it" or "rubbing it in my nose." Personally I would think it would have to do with who was doing the rubbing. Think about it.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great

A grand read. As with all of your work, this one is well worth the time spent reading it. I love that it's not weeks or even months between chapters. Thanks for your efforts.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 13 years ago
Well this is just damned good!

Well this is just damned good! Is there going to be anyone else writing stories on Lit. this week? Oh well, there is always next week to catch up.

I am with a few of the other folks here who have indicated that they think that Susan may be a keeper. At the very least, in the end I hope that you give her a happy life.

We still do not know much about Kristen, but she didn't gain any points trying to tell Tyler what he should and should not be doing after having divorced him to take up with another man, who she is now married to. After that little confrontation scene, it occurred to me that it was kind of refreshing to have a divorce in a story where the husband didn't get hosed. Good for him. After all, she loved him so much that she ran away and didn't even bother giving him an explanation or a "thanks but no thanks" Dear Tyler letter.

Like everyone else, I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this story. I could care less whether you have a RAAC in store for us or not? If the following chapters continue to measure up to the first two then the main thing will be that we will have had a very good story to read. Thanks for sharing it.

Note to HDK: Always looking to see one of your stories on the New List. Don't sell yourself short to these other fine authors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Not As Good As The First

But still moving very well. Like a few of the other comments you did set Susan up as the best match for him.

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuyover 13 years ago
WOW WOW WOW!!!!

Looks like another home run. I can hardly wait for the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Love it!

I was hoping there was going to be something more about Susan. She seems to deserve a bit of love and appears to want it. I hope Allysin is not going to screw up the relationship. It will be great to read more about how his conflict with his ex-wife and how he deals with Allysin. I love the fact that he moves back and helps his father, and that makes it especially heart warming. Overall, the story is believable without going over the top. Could not wait for the next chapter!

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
RE: get off the husband

I was never on him, I'm not built that way. My point is that she told him she wasn't happy for YEARS. The fact that she has never had a job or wanted one does not matter. He could have done things differently and still be married. We don't have enough information to know what she is thinking yet. One thing is for sure, if you do not listen to what your woman is saying...repeatedly...you might find yourself alone.

MetzovMetzovover 13 years ago
Six parts

The author has already said the story was in six parts so asking him to rush it or slow it down is going to do no good. Has anyone noticed how the author has given a lot of good advice on how to go about writing a story (or book) in the story?

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 13 years ago
Sounds like life

I seem to remember from my youth, back when TVs showed poor quality pictures in black and white on roundish screens, a weekly, very schmaltzy, TV show called I Remember Mama about life in a small town family setting. The introduction was a reminiscences scene where a guy, possibly Tyler's age or a bit more, was looking back on his youth and growing up in a small midwest town. The tag line to the introduction was " . . . and most of all, I remember Mama."

Somehow that real life quality of here is what I remember it like comes through well in your stories. As an aside, the Chief Justice very obviously has an affection for cooking and hometown middle class restaurants. I like that, it's part of real life.

I'm tryin' to keep this all straight though, the story and the men and women that is. We got Tyler back home in Illinois with Susan pining for a lost chance back in Florida, but they maintain a newly established lawyer/client relationship. Now Allisyn is in the picture in Grant City as Kristen's surrogate, she and he obviously hit it off in bed, and Kristen just happens to find out because Allisyn had to gush. Kristen is now like Queen Victoria, not amused. Over on the horizon, just peeking up like a rising sun, is the book seller agent with gravelly voice. I wonder what skills beyond salesmanship she has?

On a very personal level I could really relate to the conversation with the boss about needing time off. I had to go through that last fall after my daughter suffered her third stroke last year. Fortunately I work for a very people oriented non-profit organization and just had to say I need to take family leave until she passes, what forms do I have to fill out. With no thousands or millions involved the here they are, good luck came easy.

Hell of a good story Chief Justice, keep it going.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
get off the husband

"The fact that she has never had a job or wanted one does not matter. "

RHinSC, uh sorry but we live in the age of equality right? Yeah hubby wasn't a saint but if you re-read chapter one, she wanted it all. The wealth, hubby home at 5pm and a kid. All while doing not much but lookin pretty. She needed a richer man. Apparently she failed to trade up and in fact in her hubris traded down, financially at least. Hard to feel sorry for her. The facts of the marriage were there, she refused to buy into them and instead of helping to realize those dreams and pick up some of the slack she took off after being "ignored".

Of course, I think Tyler is better off without the spoiled brat ex. Seriously, the characterizations are obvious here so far.

I'm enjoying the story so far Rehnquist. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Susan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ex never discussed the possibilities of what her needs might cause to occur nor - did she give him an ultimatum! This for all those who felt she wasn't treated right. They were young and he hadn't learned to listen to his wife yet, wanted the best for her while they were young. No real communication and while he forged ahead she took up cheating - no excuse of any kind is acceptable.

I wonder, does she ever find out that had she listened to him that they had finally made it, bonus, promotion and little to no more travel? Sometimes, as the saying goes, some people go right up to the edge of success and give up...sheer moments from victory - too bad! Of course, she broke 12 years of trust, love and belief and even if she begins to realize the damage she did, life would never be the same.

Anyway, you're the writer and damn good, great story (novel - actually) and like your other readers...I look first thing in the morning for the next chapter..THANKS!!!!

PS: I favor Susan forever!!!

Also, unlike DQS (who I really like but have to re-read every chapter when he finally gets around to the next) (memory loss), I do like not having to wait 4-6 weeks for the next chapter...Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

...and, DQS - if you're reading this, I am enjoying your story, just hate to have to re-read the previous chapter or two to get back into the story.

sailordblj1966sailordblj1966over 13 years ago
Great Second Chapter

Loved the second part and I think Tyler was right and its really funny that his ex has her panties in a wad. LOL keep up the great work

MetzovMetzovover 13 years ago
But he did listen

She wanted him home more and he said ok, But my income will take a hit. Or she could get a job to help out and also maybe meet some friends at the same time. She wouldn't go for eather of those options. She wanted a child right now, And him to cut back at work , But would do nothing to help out. So he did what he could and worked to get a promotion so that he could give her what she wanted. It's fine to say you should listen to your wife. But when you have listened and she won't hear or try to understand that you can't give her everything she wants right away what do you do?

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 13 years ago
More Please

May we have more and quickly please. Well done sir. A lot of interesting side plots and events. But please no reconciliation. Thanks for your hard work.

Woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
We get it

It's his kid.

Mousse9Mousse9over 13 years ago

Tyler DID listen to Kristin, but it's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation for him.

Kristin: I want you to be home more.

Tyler: OK, but that means we'll earn less money.

Kristin: No, I want to keep buying good stuff.

Tyler: What if you got a job then? I could be home more, and we wouldn't have less money.

Kristin: I don't want to work.

Tyler: What then? I'll have to continue working like this if you want to keep this lifestyle.

Kristin: *Goes off to cheat*

In short, she's simply a spoiled brat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great !!!

Your the best. I like your style, your stories are always true to life with no far out events that just dont happen in real life. I live in a medium size town and this could be and more then likely is taking place right now somewhere not to far from me. please keep it up and dont wait so long to give us your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good Job....

I really like how your story has progressed so far. Can't wait to see what comes up next.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 13 years ago
more praise

I liked it. The characters are a bit thin, but in short story format you can't get too deep. Who or what is WWWM mentioned in the comments of a nameless one, does anyone know?

Sidney43Sidney43over 13 years ago
Good chapter

I know you have already written the story, but I hope you do not put him back together with Kristen, or let our hero end up with Allisyn. Getting into a long term relationship with Allisyn is nothing but trouble and yeah, I get the hints that the kid is his and not her new hubby's, but so what. She has made no claim for spousal support and it's not part of the divorce records, so let's not get all mushy here. Lots of people divorce after having kids, so why get back with this self centered bitch?

Susan is the best match for your lead character. She is a professional and he is a workaholic, so they each understand what the other is about. I just can't see him being satisfied with doing cabinet work, even custom work for the rest of his life. Maybe Susan would be satisfied doing legal work in a small town??

tastesgreattastesgreatover 13 years ago
More of the same!

This submission kept my attention just like the first one did. What a treat to read your work. Thanks...

KirkelKirkelover 13 years ago
Amazing how the loss

of a spouse who doesn't respect good love, devotion and hard work, can lead to freeing the soul and the ability to find solace. In turn he becomes larger than life, able to win hearts and leap tall buildings.

This is the kind of story I find entertaining. I hate wimps and those who get off on watching the wife get nailed by others. I don't mind reconciliation, but with reason.

Don't know where this is going but I love it and, with the experience of past reading, trust you'll make yourself proud of this one.

Thanks for it. Rob

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great Story!!!

Rehnquist Great story!!! Keep it coming. I'm always glad when I see a story from you. You're one of the best!!!!

As far as constructive comments still need a little more depth to your females and I saw a couple of typos. But I'd still give you a 9.5 out of 10!!

ChillyWilley check out "When We Were Married" by DanielQSteele1 he's another one of the best on this site but he's killing us with the waiting on this story.

curioussscuriousssover 13 years ago
Rehnquist

Superb.

Thanks

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
The train is building up a good head of steam

This continues to build into a great story. Tyler is turning out to be a great guy, successful at almost everything he tries. I totally disagree with people who criticize his treatment of his ex. He didn't just tell her to get a fucking job. He gave her many options that would reduce their need for money so that he could be home more. She could have cut back her spending, gotten a job to contribute to the income, or been patient a little longer until his income peaked. All she wanted to do is spend his money and bitch. He only got nasty toward the end when she was treating him badly. She's the one that left him! Yeah, he was tough in the divorce. She attempted to be as well. He was better at it. Should he have just rolled over for her? Bull! Now he is just standing firm in not wanting to get back together. He isn't harassing her or following her activities in any way beyond what common acquaintances tell him about her. The hook up with her cousin, who seems to be a down to earth person who really likes him, was not initiated by him. He is just trying to enjoy himself and he is entitled to do so! Kristin doesn't like her nose rubbed in her own stupidity and shallowness, TOO BAD. He owes her nothing. There are several interesting themes going. How will the book sell? Who will he hook up with long term? Will he just work as an author? Where will he end up living?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

I'm sorry but when the cousin threw out the "what if you were the father" comment I sensed some foreshadowing.

And while yes he is single him screwing HER cousin just makes him look bad. Like he DOES want to get back at her so he keeps it in the family.

While I don't think Kristen handled their breakup well Tyler deserves his share of the blame. She told him she was lonely, he told ehr to get a job. At that point in his career he wouldn't have been able to scale back anyways so it wouldn't have solved anything.

I try to see both sides of the story and keep hate out of it. They BOTH made mistakes. Really want a chapter with Kristen's POV so we know WHY.

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
Yes he listened...

but he did not hear. If he had he would have done something. He did not DO anything. His inaction was his undoing. Thats his fault. It could be that he didn't know how to read between the lines of womanspeak. It could be that they talked at each other instead of to each other. It could be many things. We do not know these things yet. Personally, I would have spanked her fucking ass, dragged her to the bedroom and knocked her up. Scratch that, I would have bent her over the couch. But hey, thats just me.

shaman43shaman43over 13 years ago
Blinders

There are a lot of folks who have a limited view of life and the morality of life. The last comments concerning the cousin. In no way is it the concern of the ex if they get together. She gave that right up as it says in the story. Do not know why the cousin needed to tell the story and would like to hear her reasoning. Really like the way the characters are being developed. I can sense the growth in them. And, I hope the kid is not his but the description of the interaction in the store could also be some foreshadowing.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 13 years ago
Wow! Hook to read more is in deep NOW!

Great story looking forward to more! Have to agree with most commenters that Susan is best choice since is/was so much like him driven to suceed and make it. Susan now realizes that life is more than just success. I do agree Pt 2 packed a lot into it maybe could have been longer? The length was well written. Enjoyed the confrontation / non confrontation with ex wife written well and really flowed with character as you created him. It will I am sure in later Pts. hooking up with her cousin Allie put him in trouble (of course you mentioned this fact in the bar scene) but he thought it and went for it as any single male would - pussy is pussy!

Well written worth the time to read will look forward to more!

Thank you! Hope comments are worth your read!

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 13 years ago
The hot lawyer?

Come on now, there is mo way he doesn't ask the hottie lawyer to fly in for moral support, close support. Foreshadowing that the baby is his, that could be but the sex life was down the tubes before she left, and why shack up with a guy on a civil servants pay when you've got golden boy, albeit an absent boy.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 13 years ago
One of the best.

Good dialog, great characters, foreshadowing, a sex scene that was honest and believable. this has it all. Rehnquist has shown us all how to do this. Why do some even try when this is the top of the ladder stuff? Yes, I even liked it better and DQS2's work this time around.

This is the kind of story that makes me want to write better. It demonstrates that there is serious competition out there and I had better be at the top of my game before I even THINK of ever submitting here again.

Highest praises to you, Sir

VERY HIGHEST REGARDS

C

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 13 years ago
A great chapter

I like the idea of him rubbing his ex-wife's nose in the dirt, by using her cousin, or that is what it looks like he's doing.

I think once his book is published that he and the hot lawyer will get together, and he will settle her down. Perhaps not in the backwoods home town of his, but out of South Beach.

It's interesting just thinking of all of the ways this story could go, and I'm anxious to see what the author has in mind.

Thanks for the exciting read.

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Great Read

I have no time to run through all the comments so I will probably repeat what has all ready been said. At first sight the wife is the proto-type of being self centered! Imagine,

the first time she talks to him in two years, she feels the essential subject is to warn him off her cousin because it looks bad for her! But remember if there are two people in a conversation and you ask for them to describe the conversation you will usually get two completely different stories! We only know what is going on from the male protagonist point of view. It is extremely interesting and sounds real.... Though there is a bit of the superman syndrome here..

lawrenclawrencover 13 years ago
The women

I have found Susan to be much more interesting and hot than is Allie

AgenaAgenaover 13 years ago
Exceptional

An exceptional story; looking forward to more.

grunabonagrunabonaover 13 years ago
*****

You asked for critical comments, so I'll say I didn't like this part as much as the first, but it's still a five in my books.

I won't go into too much detail, but I think you've made Tyler into too much of an expert on everything, including having him advising male readers of the story on what women really like sexually. I don't think I'd take advice in that area from a guy who thinks in terms of getting himself boned, by the way.

The good so far outweighs the bad in your writing I wouldn't ordinarilly presume to give you advice, but you did ask for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good. But some loose ends.

Its very nicely written - draws you in and holds your attention. Few loose ends that I would want to point out though.

One is showing him to be such an expert and confident guy when it comes to sex. In part 1 you made it clear that's not how he is, so this seems like a convenient reversal.

Other is him hooking up with Allie, but Susan seems forgotten. The conection with Susan was non-trivial so she should have at least fleetingly run through his mind and caused some guilt.

Otherwise a well-written plot.

Several typos have still creeped in (car instead of cart and so on). Another round of editing was needed for the final polishing.

Keep writing - this shows spark.

- JT

Sparks373Sparks373over 13 years ago
Great Part 2

I love Susan. Please keep her around. Allie is handy, but not of the same caliber. Ex is still in love with Tyler, and I suspect the baby is his but she chose not to tell him and try to repair the marriage. Sounds a little like my life.

Do try and have someone edit the material to catch the little typos. And thank you for the speedy delivery of the segments. Our friend Daniel Q. should take note.

You have managed to keep me wanting more at the end of each segment.

Jringo21Jringo21over 13 years ago
Great so far

Man, I don't usuallly come to Literotica for this kind of story, but its really good and has a hold on me. I am not much of a critic, because I am not a very good writer myself, so I struggle with finding any negative aspects of the story so far. However, after reading some other comments, I agree with one that says you might be making Tyler to perfect. He had his flaws in part one, but they were flaws we all wish we had (works to hard, blind to love, etc.). Be careful not to make him unbelieveable. Also, not sure about the kid being his....why would she not tell him, it would mean more money for her. I hope Susan comes back.

PultoyPultoyover 13 years ago
1 star

Incomplete!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I love this!

It makes such a difference when the story and characters are believable. You seem to have the magic touch.

Senrab13Senrab13over 13 years ago
Finally; well done.

Finally, a story where the ex-husband behaves exactly as I would expect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Fuck you pultoy

You are a stupid piece of shit didn't you read the introduction where Rehnquist said it was 6 chapters???

KrazyWhiteBoyKrazyWhiteBoyover 13 years ago
I see romantic comedy!!

Brendan Fraser as Tyler, Jennifer Anniston as Kristin!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Loved it, but...

The "chicks dig it" bit about anticipation was a bit of a mood-killer for me. I was getting into the characters, and it kinda felt like the author was intruding there, not the narrator...if that makes any sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
no!

why is he getting involved with Allie when he should be pursuing Susan?!? Dredging up old family shit is a hassle. Tyler and Susan clicked. He needs to convince her to quit and move in with him. They had something special, and they both want and need that kind of stable, loving life.

damn you!

.....I'm gonna read ch 3 now to see what happens next...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Another Great Chapter That Leaves Us Wanting!!!

Rehnquist :What You Wish For Pt. 02

The author links the settings of many of his past short stories in this piece, a nice touch for those who have being followed his writing, especially since the feel of the community and the atmosphere return causing flashbacks in the reader's mind that are so familiar. A beautiful touch for the benefit of his followers and possibly a means by which he shares happy memories from his past with us.

Being involved with his ex's cousin, is a typical Rehnquist twist. It stirs up the ex and many of his followers. He has a plan of that I'm sure, one that will catch us off guard. Susan seems to be in the past but I'm sure she'll be back. There is also the freelance editor and his novel. What sort of notoreity will this bring and what impact will that have on those in Grant City, as well as Susan. If the novel is published there will be contracts and Susan will likely be his lawyer in these negotiations, which bring her back into his life allowing this to be further developed.

Take Care!

Simply_Me

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
A nice flowing story - which gets better with each chapter.

Read some of your older works, and picked this one up recently. Great idea and covers some reality that most authors do not convey.

Hope to see more stories.

Thanks so much

Deepthinker

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 13 years ago
Perfect ending point -

I loved it and you did it just right -

Wonderful emotion where it was needed and perfectly flat where it should be - great -

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Yet another pompous Brit wimp.

And his mindless mind diarrhea. One of the worst.

LegionsOfLiesLegionsOfLiesover 12 years ago
I'm beginning to think you have an anal fetish

Which is great because I love the female ass, as brazilians say the bottom is best. Great work Rehn as always.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
great read

I have read the entire story and think its one of the best I have read.I can only commit one time. I think the person who gave such terrible commits is a retard who jerks off looking at boys and girls butts.reads at a first grade level and tries to get attention his parents never gave. keep up the good work. RON from the USA.

i

deJay_13deJay_13almost 11 years ago
Mama?

You are one HELLUVAWRITER!

But, what about Mom? Am I missing something here? Doesn't he care about Mom?

A superabundence of sex but not a word about Mom. Is she the same type as Mom in "Lazy Lemon"?

I'm sure I will understand it all later so I'll shut up and keep reading (as if I had a choice!) LOL.

de Jay

SoleSurvivor1969SoleSurvivor1969over 10 years ago
4th reading

Still great

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nice parting thought.

Love the last line of this Chapter and how you set it up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
:-)

I like this guy. And, I like Allyson and Susan....... who wins the Tyler sweepstakes.

markranemarkraneover 9 years ago
Train Keeps A Rollin'...

I'm lovin' this. I've been on Lit for years and how this series got past me I have no idea. The plot development in this chapter should be used as a teaching aid...

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
She Should Talk To Her Cousin

Kristin left him,

Her cousin came on to him.

Her cousin rubbed it in her face, not him.

Chuck100Chuck100almost 8 years ago
Pt 2 Another winner!

I was late to work because I could not put it down!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through....

Still five stars. Still love it. This is the luckiest guy on the planet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You are so good at writing

it pisses me off that you don't any more

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
THROUGHOUT ETERNITY

family affairs start troubles and even wars, TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22about 7 years ago
Fascinating, I read it a long time ago but do not remember any details.

The problem must be with my head and not the author's delightful touch.

Amazing that he went from zero to 100 so quickly and now is on top of the world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Excellent once again. Personally I would have preferred if after the divorce Tyler didn't suddenly become a best selling author or have two apparently wonderful women waiting in the wings for him but that is me and this is, of course, fiction.

rfnks2002rfnks2002about 5 years ago

Why do X's always think they can tell you who you can date and not date???

Well FUCK'EM. she's the one that left, she's the one that got board not him. now wants to tell him he's not good enough for her cuz well maybe her cuz thinks different.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous