When the Rainmaker Came

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lying there with my legs thrown open wide, my body feeling slack and empty, a sick wet feeling running down me, I looked at him. Just looked. This was my first man. He paid me no mind as he dressed. I snuffled back a tear as I slid to the edge of the bed and tried to stand. When my legs didn't want to hold me at first, I heard him chuckle. Looking over he was grinning at me and that superior-than-thou look was back.

I did not like the way he looked at my naked body. As if committing the way I looked to memory. I quickly dressed.

He was fiddling with his machine while I tied the laces of my brassiere. He was still doing something when my last button, on my shirt, was redone.

"How long till we know if it worked?" I asked him when I was finally dressed.

"Oh, by this time tomorrow there will be ground-soaking rain across this whole area. Now I thank you for your courage and your simple sacrifice. I must say though, you handled my length splendidly. If you would." He gestured to the door. "I'm afraid I have not the time to chat as I must monitor these dials and these wiz-bangs here so very closely."

As I stepped out into the dust and headed home, I felt the wind blow the brown powder up with each step. Only the twin trails of tears down from my eyes remained clean.

Daddy was sicker and so was Momma when I got home. After our meal of thin soup, I tucked my little brother into bed and made him promises that we would play in the rain tomorrow.

"Why is it going to rain?" he asked me.

"Because I made the rains come," I told him softly, as I pulled the blanket up under his chin.

*

(There is a long history of weather-related charlatanry in the world. It often comes from an honest desire to control the forces of nature that have so very often destroyed all that man can build. But many times it has been used to take advantage of that very desire to make suffering people suffer even more. In the plains of the American Southwest over-farming, coupled with years of drought, and other factors brought about what has been called the third largest human-made ecological disaster in all of mankind's history. The other two took centuries. The Dust Bowl took only 50 years of land misuse. A belief that science can solve everything has often been used to by these "hucksters" to fool the gullible into believing that their "devices" would work.)

(I would like to thank patientlee for her work editing this and many other of my stories. Any mistakes you see are still all mine.)

12