All Comments on 'Atonement'

by ClaudiaInColumbus

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Well done author!

Liked the author's ability to show us how the slut's cheating hurt her own marriage. Good job giving us a brief glimpse into his POV and feelings of betrayal. Our personal view is that the slut got off pretty easy but what is missing from this tale is any revenge on the other male character. The angle of anal was mentioned twice - too bad the slut wife did not come back in time to observe her best friend giving up her virgin ass to the wronged husband [then having to absorb the fact that she [the slut] caused this situation to unfold]. Additionally, children were mentioned early but where were they as this all plays out over the next 3-4 months of their flawed marriage? Overall, good story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Hot Story

This story was very well written and exciting

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Great

Well written. Don't stop writing. Make it longer!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Very interesting plot idea.

Please keep writing.

A. Neighbor

LaroneLaronealmost 12 years ago
Very well written

I agree it could have been a bit longer, and could have used some sort of punishment for Tony. That said i also think they needed to discuss her idea of him with her friend a bit more. The argument can go either way:

Some would argue that she really doesn't love him as much as she claims if she wants to share him with her friend.

The other side is that she really is desperate and hoping it will help him get over it. In this case her idea took a lot of balls on her part to go even propose it.

Like I said earlier it could have been longer but i felt there was enough build up to make me lean toward the second (and the one the author was after) scenario. Certainly they have their work cut out for them. One night o sex isn't a magic fix all but there is at least a chance and that was what she was after.

Again very well written. Keep up the good work.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

Only a person who cheats could see this as somehow making things equal. Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Trash

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

As dumb stories go this was up there with the best of them, (it’s not a compliment).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

If only things were that simple... would have thought once they were talking there would be more dialog about what she did and why and how often, not to mention counseling for their marriage to survive. Maybe him fucking Nona would be a desperate measure when all those things were not able to move him off of center. The fact that he hadn't cut off all communication meant there was a chance. Thr fact that it was one time and she felt so shotty about it meant there was a chance. But it would seem thr way to reignite the pilot light in their damaged marriage is not fucking her best friend. That woukd only be if they tried everything else, and he could nit get past the mental imagery that he had concocted in his head about Tony and her. She fucked up and she owned that. But the dialog about the one time betrayal was too simplistic. She just keeps parroting that it never happened before and would never again and though if she had sex with him, it would heal their marriage. So they spend all those months living as roommates and yet never do counseling. Yeah she gets Nona laid, but seriously this is a last ditch attempt to solve a very narrow problem: his lack of desire for his wife or a mental block on performance. Does nothing to help trust or show that she does not disrespect him. An extramarital fuck session is a sign of contempt and breaks trust. Circumstances may weigh on how much. While the standard dialog of "why", "do you love him", "how often / how many times", "what did you do", "was he better", "was he bigger", "how could you", "you clearly don't love me like I love(d) you", "how could you break your wedding vows", "how can I ever trust you again", etc, they might sound familiar and even tiresome m, but they are there for a freaking reason, because in real life, unless they are just done with the marriage completely and already moving on, they are important to have answered to the aggrieved party. Only with counseling can they hope to drill down to the real "why" and even try to re-establish trust (unless some unusual circumstances). Counseling doesn't always work (way less so when court-ordered), but it is a damn sight than setting up revenge fucks with your best friend. I get the allure for an author to write that up in a story, but that is an extreme measure only to be used when desperate because all else had failed to get them back together sexually. Good luck rebuilding trust or getting him to believe that there will be honest communication in the future. Yeah henworked too much and was driving her crazy with some of his unintended neglect and fatigue and taking her and their sexual life for granted. But it doesn't sound like she communicated any of her problems to her husband, and instead shared her woes with Tony the serial cheating asshole. That is a big red flag, even before the sex. At least they did not have an emotional affair and Tony clearly used sympathy to manipulate Nona's friends during the divorce. But Kate was ready and willing to get fucked. She enjoyed it because she was horny and greedy and Tony (though sounds like a shitty, selfish lover) was just there to fuck her. Her betrayal is bad but maybe not unforgivable if the husband could get into her mind and see what led up to it from her side, what happened, and how she felt about it during, them after. But he can't read her mind. Hence the need for counseling. The premeditated friend fuck doesn't atone for the worst of her betrayal or fix the most broken aspects of their marriage. There is no quick fix.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 1 year ago

Yup, h is fault, sure. His behavior brought it on. Now they are even, she cheated and did it without consideration or permission. She then allows him, knows it is happening, and is ok with that, so yup they are even. Of course. Hubby takes all the hit, is expected to simply say ok, and even takes flak from the female friend, again blaming him. Yeah, that is the way it works, and is of course completely valid…..just Drek.

oldtwitoldtwit3 months ago

Nice little story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userClaudiaInColumbus@ClaudiaInColumbus
OK, so it's an old picture. Married with grown children. Just trying to keep the home fires burning.

SIMILAR Stories