From Mother-In-Law to Lover

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

These arguments were less persuasive. "I care!" she retorted, "This against everything I believe and I do care actually what people say, at church, at work and my neighbours!"

"We could make each other very happy, you and I. You know that."

"I wouldn't be happy!"

"So you didn't mean the things you said that night?"

"I shouldn't have said them!"

"You shouldn't have said those things if you didn't mean them but if you did mean them well..."

"Tom, I'm sorry if I've hurt you, but I can't go through with this!"

Pat was getting very upset now and the argument was beyond rational discussion. Anything I said would make things worse..

"Then I've nothing to say!" I said, not petulantly, but in despair.

"Oh Tom, I am sorry!"

I said nothing and shrugged.

"I'd better go. I hope you'll still let me see Annabelle," she said rather hesitantly as if fearing the worst.

I smiled as bravely as I could, "Pat, you'll always be welcome here."

"Thank you, Tom" she squeezed my hand and blinked away the tears in her eyes. And left.

The next couple of months were very difficult as I tried not to let the disappointment, loss and sexual frustration overwhelm me. All sorts of conflicting emotions tore me apart. I hated myself for the situation I found myself in. Bad enough to lose my wife but to have fallen for her mother! How fucked up was that? Nevertheless, fallen I had and I couldn't get her out of my mind. I told myself to try to forget her or at least move on.

So I wasn't as proactive in inviting Pat round as I had been although we still caught up once a fortnight or so. I kept my distance and let her play with Annabelle. I booked a seaside summer holiday for Annabelle and myself and I also arranged for us to go Euro Disney for Christmas. Before busting up with Pat (which is how I saw it), I might have thought about including her, but now I thought I should start making plans for life without her. Annabelle was really looking forward to the Euro Disney trip or "Mickeymouseland" as she called it and blabbed to Pat about it. Pat didn't seem to like the idea but didn't say anything. Last Christmas we hadn't visited her as she'd been away but I think she'd been hoping to have us round for Christmas lunch this year.

After we came back from our summer break things seemed to thaw a little and she was less reserved and I less bitter. We went for walks in the park together more and had picnics and other summer stuff you do with kids. Pat and I talked more and to each other rather than just to Annabelle. Once or twice she came back to the house for dinner and once she even stayed after Annabelle had gone to bed although nothing happened. We also spoke on the phone several times a week. It was almost like old times.

Then one warm Saturday afternoon in the late summer we went for a walk in one of the local country parks. Pat had a light blue cotton dress with a pink floral pattern on it. It was quite short for her and showed her long brown legs and her curves without making her look tarty. The dress fastened down the front and I fantasised about undoing the buttons.

After the walk she came back for dinner and she stayed for a while chatting. As I put Annabelle to bed, Pat volunteered to do the dishes. When I came downstairs she still at the sink doing the washing up. I could not resist it and stole up behind her and put my arms round her. She tensed a little but did not fight me off. Taking this as implicit permission to proceed I started to kiss her neck softly.

"No, Tom," she murmured. I ignored her and carried on kissing and nuzzling her neck. She squirmed a little but out of pleasure.

"Tom, no!" she said but again not very forcefully. I started moving my hands over her belly and hips while continuing my attentions to her neck.

"You mustn't," she protested feebly as I lightly raked her neck with my teeth and my hands wandered more adventurously over her lower tummy not quite to her groin and then up to but not quite touching her heavy breasts. My cock was quite stiff now and I lightly pressed it into the crack of her buttocks. Pat was breathing heavily now as I nuzzled and nibbled her neck and my hands moved all over her front, now lightly caressing her breasts, now descending into the area of her groin and my cock pulsing in a slow rhythm against her plump butt. She pushed back against my cock, encouraging me to go further. My fingers found, then rubbed, then tweaked her nipples under the thin cotton fabric of her dress. She was really aroused now and spun round to face me, flinging her arms around my neck and opening her mouth as I brought my face close to hers for a warm and loving kiss that deems to go on for ever. My hands mauled at her tits and I unbuttoned her dress revealing her dazzling white underwear - full cut bra and panties.

I broke off kissing to gaze at her beautiful, semi-naked body and with her dark brown eyes smouldering with lust she unbuttoned my denim shirt almost ripping it in haste then pulled me back for another hot passionate kiss this time her hands all over my body. I put my hand down her panties and felt the warm dampness of her bush. She was ready to be fucked. She started tugging at my belt and I moved her over to the sofa.

Pat lay back, looking at me, her eyes burning with passion. I knelt before her and started to draw her panties off only to be mesmerised by her beautiful soft brown muff. I brushed the back of my fingers into her bush, pressing in until I felt her warm wet lips lurking inside. I withdrew my fingers and licked them. Her eyes widened as she understood my intentions,

"You can't go there!" she pleaded.

But I could and I did. She was hot and sweaty and salty and earthy and I tasted it all as my tongue snaked through her bush and found the lips of her pussy. I ate her out with gusto and she put her hand on my head encouraging me to go deeper. I licked until my tongue ached and kept going. She thrust her groin into my face and hooked her legs around my back as she humped my face. Then I heard her cry and moan as she orgasmed and her juices flowed into my face. My cock was stiff and leaking so I hastily whipped off my trousers and briefs and climbed on top of her positioning my cock between her legs and then gliding in slowly but without much resistance. Pat was still in the throes of the orgasm she had just had and looked at me with yearning on her face willing me to fill her with my seed. I humped away. Her skin glistened with perspiration from our fervid lovemaking. Her breasts still half covered by her white bra swayed in time to the thrusts of my stiff prick in her warm wet pussy. She gazed at me with her dark brown eyes and as my thrusting became more frenzied she put her arms around my neck and pulled me down closer and I collapsed on her as I shot my load inside her.

We lay together silently for a while in a hot sweaty, sticky mess with her juices on my face and my juices leaking out from between her legs. Eventually, we got up and cleaned ourselves up. I sat beside her on the sofa. I couldn't think of much to say and wasn't sure she wasn't going to have another crisis of conscience.

"Well!" I said, "It seems we can't keep our hands off each other." Not very subtle and it didn't help at all.

"It doesn't make it right, Tom," she replied in a low tone.

"How can you say that?"

"We gave into our passions, but it was wrong what we did!"

How could she suddenly just flip just like that?

"I'm not saying you're to blame, Tom. You're a hot-blooded young man. But this sort of relationship is not right for me. It's against everything I believe"

"You're in denial of your true feelings, Pat!"

"I'm not in denial. I just believe its wrong to indulge in every passion. I'm sorry Tom but I can't come round here any more."

So the big freeze started again. True to her word, I didn't see Pat for a few weeks. It must have been hard for her because she couldn't see Annabelle without seeing me. However, I thought I'd break the ice. It was her birthday in October so I rang her and we had an OK conversation and I asked whether Annabelle and I could pop over and give her our presents and card.

Her voice quavered as she gushed her gratitude, "Oh thank you, Tom, I really do appreciate it!". I had a lump in my throat as I realised the hurt, loneliness and love she felt.

The presents weren't expensive, but it's the thought that counts as they say. I thought Pat might be a bit lonely given Howard was away again. My plan, insofar as I had one, was just to be there for her and then perhaps she'd come back and we'd get intimate again. So as happened last time we did see a bit more of each other over the next few weeks. Walks in the park only though - no coming back to our house for her even though I got Annabelle to ask her on more than one occasion. She always asked about my job and that had taken a turn for the worse. I'd gone back to work after Jodie had left but the company was in trouble and having a restructure and I had a weak, incompetent but very political boss. I wasn't directly in the firing line but I knew he'd start laying off people just to make himself look good. I was starting to look elsewhere.

Pat didn't like this at all. "Will you have to move?" she asked eventually. I knew she'd be alarmed, we were her only family. It was also a hint that I might just have to get on with my life, with or without her.

"Well, London is the best place to get a job."

"But that's two hours away!"

"We'll see. It might blow over."

The subject of Christmas also came up a couple of times in our conversations especially as Annabelle kept talking about it.

"I had hoped that you'd come round for Christmas lunch," she said as I was pushing Annabelle on the park swings. Last year she and Howard had gone away for Christmas at his insistence. I knew she felt bad about leaving Annabelle and I just by ourselves and was probably hoping to make up for it this year.

"Oh, you never mentioned it," I said rather disingenuously.

"I suppose I could help with the old people's dinner again," referring to a charitable activity organised by the church that she'd helped to organise a couple of years ago. Very worthy, but I think she didn't really want to do it .

"Pat, why don't you come with us to Euro Disney?"

"No, I don't think I'd like it". This was a fib because I knew she was into the Disney culture (far more than me in fact) and had really enjoyed watching some of the movies with Annabelle.

"Well, the offer's there. There's a spare bed so there'd be plenty of room. Or we could easily get you another single room."

"Perhaps," she replied non-committally, "But thank you for the offer," and she did sound grateful. It was also a trap and we both knew it.

In my calculations, I reckoned that Pat would not be easy if she thought I was trying to manoeuvre her into bed or anything like that (which of course I was) but it also seemed a shame for her to spend Christmas alone. So I checked with Euro Disney and found we could upgrade at considerable expense and get a cabin that had separate bedrooms. I rang and told Pat and when she was sure that she could be with us but not have to share a room I could hear the relief in her voice,

"Oh, thank you, Tom, that is so considerate! I insist on paying at least half."

We argued and haggled good-naturedly about dividing the bill for a while but I felt we were back on friendly terms. Now what could I do to get even friendlier?

So on Christmas Eve we got up extremely early in the morning and set out in my car and took the ferry to France. I drove all the way there and was pretty tired at the end of it. But we got there early enough to do some of the rides, see the evening parade and have dinner. I don't like Disney but they do what they do very well and after a while the irritatingly cheerful music grew on me and I couldn't get the silly tunes out of my head. Pat was in a strange mood alternately cheerful and then a bit snappy. I think she was still in two minds about the wisdom of coming and feared I was up to something. She relaxed when she saw the cabin and that she had her own room. I had the double bed and Annabelle also had a room for herself. Pat found out that she'd forgotten her pyjamas. I smirked and was about to say something that I thought funny when she glared at me and went down to the store to buy whatever they had there. I could hardly believe it when I saw her ready for bed in a long pinkish and shapeless nightdress down to her knees that had a picture of Daisy Duck on it. I thought she looked ridiculous but at least I saw the outline of her stiff nipples underneath the thin cotton. Annabelle played up a bit and insisted on sleeping in my bed. This not only put paid to any schemes I might had to get Pat in there but also Annabelle was a restless sleeper and I knew I'd get kicked in the kidneys several times that night. So I was in a fairly grumpy and sexually frustrated mood when I went to bed. This was going to be a blue ball break for me.

We'd brought some presents with us so that Annabelle could have a proper Christmas morning and she had great fun tearing open all the parcels and playing with her new toys before we all went off for breakfast with Mickey and the other Disney characters. I'd also bought a present for Pat. It was a gold bracelet with linked diamonds, sapphires, rubies and emeralds that I'd bought from a boutique jeweller that I'd come across. I don't know much about jewellery but it was beautiful and expensive - more expensive than the cost of our Christmas trip to Disneyland in fact. I was relieved when I saw her face. She absolutely loved it.

"Tom, it's beautiful! You shouldn't have!" She read the card that came with it listing the stones and their carat value.

"My God, Tom!" It was very unusual for Pat to invoke the Lord's name but she was stunned by the what I had given her. Then she gave me her present to me.

I was equally amazed and in fact more so. It was a Patek Phillipe watch. They are ridiculously expensive. Even the cheapest models are several thousand pounds. She'd outspent me several times over. She knew I liked watches, but this was incredible. Pat had quite a bit of money saved up and she and Howard were both from well-to-do backgrounds but both she and I were quite cautious with money and we weren't on high incomes either so this sort of extravagance with each other was uncharacteristic. But it wasn't the money we had paid so much as the significance of the presents. These weren't the sort of presents a mother-in-law and son-in-law exchanged or even a mothers and her son. They were the sorts of present a man and woman in love give each other. We looked at each other, embarrassed, as we realised the truth of this.

"Wow! What have we done?" was the unspoken thought that passed between us. I blushed. Pat smiled at me knowingly, but also a little shy too.

We had a great day out in the Park although the weather was bitterly cold. Annabelle went on all the rides she could. Pat seemed to enjoy it too although she was oddly distracted and seemed to be miles away sometimes when we spoke to her. Once or twice she took my arm as we trudged around from one attraction to the other. I felt I was surfing a wave of emotion and wondered where I'd end up. At night we dined out and Pat wore her bracelet and I my watch. She looked beautiful in a warm purple sweater with a big floppy turtleneck, short tweedy skirt and black woollen leggings. She'd let her hair grow and it now came down to her shoulders. There was a party of young Brits at the next table, two lads and three girls all in their twenties. One of the girls who seemed a little older, perhaps late twenties, kept looking over at me. I ignored her but Pat noticed.

Back at the cabin my good mood evaporated. Annabelle, who should have been exhausted, was still so excited about the day that she couldn't settle down to sleep (in my bed again) and kept calling out. Pat got ready for bed but emerged from the bathroom in a big frumpy dressing-gown covering no doubt her Daisy Duck nightie. I got a bit grumpy and scolded Annabelle. As I headed into the bathroom to get ready for bed myself, I heard Pat go into see Annabelle and sooth her down.

When I came out of the bathroom, I found Pat had successfully suggested to Annabelle to go back to her own bedroom and was reading her a story. That seemed to do the trick and Annabelle was fast asleep within ten minutes. I thanked Pat as it meant I'd get a good night's sleep. She sat beside me on the little sofa swathed in her frumpy dressing gown so that all I could see were her feet and ankles (which to be sure were quite pretty). We chatted about the days events and what a good time we'd all had. There was a natural pause in the conversation.

Then, "That girl seemed to take a shine to you."

"Did she? Not my type"

"I wouldn't have minded, Tom, if you'd wanted to chat to her," she lied (I think).

"I prefer brunettes to blondes!" I said rather pointedly.

"You need to move on from the past." Pat was looking at me seriously with her dressing gown tightly wrapped around her. I guessed she meant move on from Pat not move on from Jodie but I chose to misunderstand her hint.

"I've moved on from Jodie a long time ago. You know that," I said evenly.

A pause while she picked her words carefully, "Tom, do you not think that you may have just been on the rebound with what happened afterwards with me?"

What sort of question was that? She seemed to be testing me. I swallowed my rising anger and paused to collect my thoughts before responding.

"I have thought about that," I admitted, "Thought about it long and hard. When Jodie and I got married we were just kids - emotionally I mean. We knew nothing and took nothing seriously. But that was three years ago and I'm more grown up now. And I've had a lot of time to think. What I want, really want in a woman. My feelings for you, Pat, haven't changed except to deepen."

I paused and looked her full in the eye. Pat returned my gaze steadily but she chose not to intervene which I took as a sign of encouragement and plunged on, "I don't think about Jodie any more but I do think about you. You are stronger, wiser, sexier, kinder and altogether more beautiful than she ever was or can be. I don't know if you return my feelings but I do know that you are the woman for me regardless of family ties or age."

Pat's eyes were shining. Was there a glimmer of a smile on her lips or was it a pained expression? She was impossible to read.

"And," I continued," I can make you happy, happier than you are now," I left the "with Howard" unspoken but she knew what I meant.

There was a long pause.

"I've asked Howard for a divorce," she said quietly.

I was stunned. Not altogether a surprise but she'd never even hinted at this before. This was one of the major obstacles removed!

"We've not been close for years. I have tried but he's wrapped up in his career and it looks like he's planning to stay in America for good."

"How do you feel about it? It must have been a difficult choice as you've been together so long."

"It was difficult and against what I've been brought up to believe. I could have just carried on I suppose but it felt the right thing to do". She paused and then more hesitantly continued, "Besides, I've fallen in love with somebody else!"

My blood froze and I eyed her warily, "Who's the lucky man?"

She looked at me with a small smile on her lips, "I'm looking at him, you chump!"

"Oh!" I did not know what to say and it seemed too good to be true. I took her hand and kissed it and looked at her earnestly, "Are you sure?"

"Yes, Tom, I am sure although I have to say it has been difficult for me. I'm torn. It's such a big step for me, Tom. Not just the fact that you're the father of my grandson, but the age difference, and I'm still married to Howard. The scandal and gossip if it became known that you and I were together! That would be very, very hard for me, Tom. The church, the council and my work, they're very important to me!"