It Started with a Laugh

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"But you knew I was trying to get something going with you and it could have turned into more than the one night stand you got from her."

"How do you know it is going to be a one night stand?"

"OH please; everyone in the plant knows that she goes out and gets laid after a fight with her husband."

"You're wrong. Not everyone in the plant knows that. I sure didn't. But even so, if I did know I wouldn't have said no to something that nice."

"What am I, chopped liver?"

"You know better than that. You said it yourself. I couldn't take my eyes off of you all the way through school."

"And yet you walk away from me when I'm making overtures?"

"Truth time Pauline. I don't know how to take you. The way you were to me in school, the way you were to me when you first found out I worked here and the way you are behaving now just don't compute. Your own father when he hired me and knowing how you felt about me asked me if I was going to be able to handle working for you when he moves you into management. I just can't get my head around it."

"Well get your head around this. I woke up and realized I was being a bitch because of what happened in high school. I asked you to take me to the prom and you said no! You said no to me! You said no to Miss My Shit Doesn't Stink. I asked you and you said no in a way that made it seem like you were laughing at me. That just was not done! Not to me. Not to Miss My Shit Doesn't Stink. Okay; so I carried that around for a while. You were a low life shit. Pond scum. And then I started seeing you in a different light.

"At work you made suggestions that improved shipping and receiving which impressed my dad and impressing him is no easy thing. Girls like Nancy, Harlina and a couple of others are after you and I began thinking that there is more to you than I thought so I decided to put that teenaged shit behind me and get something going with you. So next is where are we going and what are we going to do on our first date?"

I looked at her, thought about what she's just said and said to myself "What could it hurt to give it a shot" and said:

"First date is woman's choice. When, where and what?"

"How about seven tonight at my house. We can play cards and talk about what we will do Friday."

"I can do that. What kind of card games? I know cribbage, gin rummy and euchre."

"I know all three so let's go with cribbage."

Her dad answered the door when I rang the bell and he walked me into the living room and told me to have a seat on the sofa. He took the easy chair across from me and said:

"This is a big surprise considering our last talk."

"As much to me as you. Your daughter can be somewhat persistent when she wants something."

"Don't I know it."

Before the conversation could go any farther Pauline walked into the room.

"Ready to get your butt whipped?"

"Don't think so little lady. The cribbage god's love me. You are going down."

We played eleven hands and I won seven of them. We decided on dinner and dancing for Friday evening and decided on the Red Horse for the dancing. At ten she walked me to the door, kissed me on the cheek and told me she would see me at work the next day. As I drove home I was wondering if I knew what I was doing and the answer I came up with was no.

But my evening wasn't over yet. When I got home I found Sherrie Graham was waiting for me."

"You did say you would leave the light on for me."

Not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth I said "I did, didn't I."

When we got inside I said "I guess he didn't take it well?"

"Not at all. His position is that men are wired to go after women and woman are supposed to be wired to be submissive to the male and were supposed to stay home and keep the home fires burning."

"I take it that you didn't agree with him."

"Not even, but why are we talking. Tomorrow is a work day so we should go to bed."

Should I bother to mention that once in bed it was about three in the morning before we fell asleep exhausted? In the morning she asked are you up for a house guest for the next week or so?"

"I only get a week?"

"Why? You want more than that?"

"A guy can only hope."

"I guess I need to be up front about this. I love the asshole and I will stay with him. But every once in a while I need to get back at him for all the hound dogging he does. Right now he is on a business trip and will be gone for at least eight days. I'm yours until the day he gets back and then I get back with him and stay with him until the next time he pisses me off. When that happens, if you are not in a relationship I'll come see you again."

"So all I am is a fuck toy for you to occasionally use?"

"You didn't seem to mind being used the last time."

"You have a point there. So from now on I guess you can just call me 'fuck toy' instead of Bob or Rob, but if you do people are going to want to know why."

"So I tell them that I call you that because that is what you are."

"Then I guess what we should do now is get to the bedroom so I can live up to my new name."

My internal clock was still set to Army time so I woke up at five. I carefully separated myself from a snuggled up Sherrie so as to not wake her up. I left a note for her telling her I'd gone for my morning run and that I'd be back in time to fix breakfast. When I got back I found Sherrie up and fixing breakfast. I'd given it some thought on my run so as we ate I told Sherrie about my date with Pauline on the coming Friday.

"So break it."

"Can't do that."

"Why not?"

"I'll need a life when you are not using me to get back at your hubby and I've had a thing for Pauline since the seventh grade. I'll have my date with her and then find excuses as to why I can't get back together with her during the following week. By then hubby will be back and you will be back home with him."

"Yeah but the next time I need you to be a fuck toy you will be in a relationship."

"Maybe not. My relationship with Pauline has always been rocky at best."

"Yeah, right! A choice between a hot young thing and an old broad like me? I know which one you'll choose."

"Think so? Get rid of your old man and see how fast I'll be ringing your doorbell. Besides, Pauline will be going back to school after New Year's."

"Do we have to go to work today? Can't we call in sick and go back to bed and play?"

"And you a member of management? Shame, shame."

"Well okay then; you will just have to do double duty tonight."

Sherrie stayed clear of me at work and Pauline monopolized my lunch hours. Sherrie monopolized my nights and pretty much sent me to sleep exhausted. I got to the point where I thought that her husband did what he did to piss her off just so she would leave for a while and he could get some rest.

My date with Pauline went well although there was a surprise waiting for us when we finished diner and went to the Red Horse. When we walked in I saw Sherrie siting at a table. Pauline steered me to a table on the other side of the room and said:

"I won't be upset if you dance with her, but make damned sure she knows that you are here with me and will be leaving with me."

"Yes dear."

"Smart ass."

"Yes dear."

About an hour into the evening Sherrie came up to our table and asked Pauline if it would be alright with her if Sherrie borrowed me for a dance. Pauline looked at me and asked if I was okay with it and I nodded a yes and then she looked at Sherrie and said:

"Make sure you bring him back."

The dance was a waltz and as we moved to the music Sherrie said "After this dance I'm going back to your place, get naked and get in bed. You going to make me wait long?"

"I probably won't get there until one-thirty or two."

"You will wake me up if I fall asleep right?"

"You know I will."

The dance over I walked her back to her table and then returned to Pauline. When I got back she said:

"I'm surprised she didn't get you to leave with her."

"She asked and I said no. Was I tempted? Yes I was, but then I thought I might have something better sitting here at this table."

"Might have?"

"Isn't that why people date? To find out about each other? To see if there is something there to build on?"

"You make a good point, but I just have to ask; we came here to dance so why aren't we out on the floor?"

I stood up, offered her my hand and said "Let's do it."

When I took her home I received a kiss on the cheek and a "call me". I told her I would, but it wouldn't be for about a week.

"I've got a ton of stuff to get done before Christmas. What I can do right now is ask if you would like to go out with me next Friday?"

"I'd like to, but I can't commit right now. I'll have to check with my parents to see if they have any family things scheduled. I can let you know at work on Monday."

I got another kiss, but on the lips that time.

Sherrie was awake and waiting for me when I got back to my apartment and it was another night where I fell asleep exhausted.

We spent the weekend chasing each other around the apartment pretty much only stopping to eat and to wait for me to be able to perform again. We spent the resting time playing cards or snuggled up on the couch watching TV. I have no idea how I managed to get anything done at work on Monday because I was wiped out. I again had the thought that Sherrie's husband did what he did to pissed her off just to get a break from her. She'd be with me three more nights and I wondered if I could survive them. But what a way to go.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

At lunch Monday Pauline said Friday would be a go and then she asked what I had in mind for a date and I said dinner, drinks and dancing unless she wanted to do something different.

"I do. How about dinner and a show. I want some alone time. Time without a bunch of people around."

"There will be people around at a show."

"Yes, but they won't be butting in on us like they would be if we were at a table in a bar or at a party."

"You want to be alone with me? How about we just go to my apartment and watch TV?"

"That will work for me."

"On the way home from work I can stop at the Kentucky Fried Chicken place and get one of their meal deals."

"Sounds good to me."

That night Sherrie said "I've got good news and bad news lover."

"Give me the bad news first."

"Hubby called. He finished his business early and will be home tomorrow."

"What's the good news?"

"Hubby called. He finished his business early and will be home tomorrow."

"What's good about that?"

"I'll be out of your hair the day after tomorrow and that will free you up to chase after Pauline."

"You seem to have forgotten what I told you a couple of days back. Dump your old man and I'll be ringing your doorbell before he is out of sight."

"Get serious. I'm ten years older than you."

"And gorgeous, sexy and smart. Everything a man could ask for in a woman."

"You really think I'm sexy?"

"You know I do and I'm ready to take you into the bedroom and prove it."

Once in the bedroom Sherrie said "Between now and tomorrow I'm going to want lots and lots of anal. Okay?"

"What is it with you and anal?"

"I love it, but Harry won't do it. He absolutely refuses to do it. He says only homosexuals want to get shit on their dicks so the only time I can get it is when I am getting even with him."

She got five times out of me before I fell asleep exhausted and three of them were anal.

The next day Tina told me that I was wanted in the HR office to take care of some paperwork. When I got there I found Sherrie alone. I thought it strange when she locked the door behind me.

"Tina said you needed me to fill out some paperwork."

"I need something filled, but it isn't paperwork."

She lifted her skirt to show she wasn't wearing any panties and then she bent forward over her desk and said "My ass and hurry."

She was management and I needed to do what she told me to do right? I unzipped and stepped forward and did what was required of me. When we were done she said:

"I need to get as much as I can before I go home tomorrow. You will come home straight from work won't you?"

"You bet."

"I'll leave early and be in bed waiting for you."

Pauline joined me for lunch and I told her that after that night I would have all of my family done except for Christmas day and then I asked her what he schedule looked like. She said that except for Christmas day and our upcoming Friday date it was wide open. I told her I had been invited to a couple of holiday parties and asked her if she would like to be my date for them. She said yes and then we compared notes and found that she had been invited to the same parties.

My last night with Sherrie was an exhausting one. Four times and two of them in her fantastic ass. Then one more in the morning, in the ass of course, when we woke up. I do admit to being sad when I kissed her goodbye when we left my place to go to work. I'd meant it when I said I'd be at her door in a heartbeat if she dumped her husband.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Friday nights date with Pauline went well. We ended up in a make out session on my couch. It could have gone further, but just as I was getting ready to make a move she pulled away from me and told me it was time for her to go home. I drove her home and we made out in the car for a bit before I walked her to her door. She gave me one last hot kiss and I told her I would pick her up at six for Todd's party.

Todd's party was a blast. Saw a lot of people I'd gone to school with. Did a lot of dancing, mostly with Pauline, but a few with others. One of those others was Nancy. It was the first time I'd seen her since our last night together. Pauline had gone to the bathroom and I was standing off to the side watching the goings on when she came up to me and said:

"Hello lover, miss me?"

"You know I do."

"Can I have a dance?"

"Of course" I said and I offered her my arm and we joined the other dancing couples. As I took her in my arms she asked:

"Anything going on with you and Pauline?"

"Not yet, but I'm working on it. Why would you ask that?"

"I might become a free lady and as I remember it we were quite good together."

"You might become single again? What happened?"

"Randy is talking about making the Army a career and I'm not going to put up with being a stay at home wife while he goes off on overseas deployments for the next twenty or thirty years. I told him if he decided to do it I would file for divorce."

"Then you won't becoming single because no man in his right mind is going to give up a woman like you for twenty years of playing soldier."

She said "I hope you are right" just as the song ended and then she said "Talk to you later" and she walked off and I turned to walk back to where Pauline was standing and giving me dirty looks.

"What were you doing with that slut?"

"Dancing."

"Don't get cute with me. You forget I know about the two of you so when I see you out there with her I have to wonder if I'm going to be dumped before I even get something going."

"There are four other girls at this party that I have dated and I've remained friends with all of them. Are you going to be upset with me every time I talk to or dance with one of them? If so you are in for a long hard time because they are still my friends and if they want to talk to me I'm not going to walk away from them. As for Nancy? She asked me to dance and since you weren't here I saw no reason to say no. If she or one of the others ask me to dance and you are around I'll ask you if you would mind. But if you are not around I won't say no unless I don't want to dance with them."

Wouldn't you know it? I'd no sooner said that and Harlina came up to us and asked Pauline if she would mind if Harlina had a dance with me and I expected Pauline to say something like "I'm sorry, but he is all mine tonight" but she said she wouldn't mind. As Harlina and I moved out onto the makeshift dance floor she asked:

"Why haven't you called?"

"Didn't see any reason to. When I asked you for a date for a Friday you said you couldn't go because you had a family thing to do. I found out your so called family thing was a date with Hank Burns. I decided I didn't want to have anything to do with someone who could lie to me like that."

"Well fuck you asshole" and she walked away leaving me standing alone on the dance floor.

Pauline was dancing with Brad Welling so I headed to the bathroom to take a whiz and when I got back she was dancing with Mike Mattson. I wasn't happy about that because he was one of her ex boyfriends, but I couldn't let myself get too upset because wasn't that what Pauline was feeling when she saw me dancing with Nancy? I took it as karma balancing things. But I did get pissed when she stayed out on the floor with him for four more songs. When the fourth ended and she stayed out there with him for a fifth I said "Fuck this shit" to myself and found Todd, thanked him for the invite and then headed for the door. I was just putting the key in the ignition when the passenger door opened and Pauline got in.

"You were just going to leave me there"

"Yep."

"Why?"

"You know why."

"No I don't."

"Does the name Mike Mattson ring a bell?"

What? You are upset that I danced with Mike?"

"No; I'm upset because you danced four straight dances with him while I stood and waited for you to come back to me. When you were getting ready to dance a fifth with him I figured you were getting back together with him and I said to hell with it and left."

"Jesus Christ Bob; it was only a dance."

"Five dances with an old boyfriend while I stood waiting for MY DATE to come back to me!"

"That's what this is about? Me and an old boyfriend? It was all right for you to dance with Nancy, but wrong for me to dance with Mike?"

"No sense in even talking about it. We aren't even close to being on the same page."

"We can't resolve the issue if we don't talk."

"Nothing to resolve. You don't think you did anything wrong and I'm never going to get through to you that you did."

She kept talking and I didn't respond. I just kept my attention on my driving and tuned her out. When I got her home I started to get out of the car to go around and get her door, but she got out of the car, slammed the door and went storming up to the house. I shrugged, got back in the car and went home.

My body was still apparently on Army time and I woke up at five and decided to go for a run. I put in a good five miles and took a shower when I got back home. I was just putting the coffee pot on when there was a knock on the door. I went to the door and looked through the peep hole and saw Pauline standing there. I sleep nude so I opened the door a crack and told Pauline I wasn't dressed yet and she'd have to wait a minute while I put something on and she pushed the door open and said:

"My plan was to get you naked sooner or later anyway so it doesn't matter" and she walked in and closed the door behind her. Once inside she looked me over and shook her head approvingly.

I said "I'm a bit uncomfortable being naked in front of you so unless you plan on getting naked also I'm going to go and put something on."

"I'm not quite ready for that so go on. Is that coffee I smell?"

"Cream is in the fridge, sugar bowl is next to the coffee pot and the cups are in the cupboard" I said and then went in the bedroom and put on a pair of shorts and a tee shirt. When I came out she was sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee in front of her. I got myself a cup and then sat down opposite her.

"So what happened between you slamming my car door last night and you knocking on my apartment door this morning?"

"I had a talk with my father."

"And he told you to come knock on my door?"