All Comments on 'Just a Story Ch. 03'

by WifeWatchman

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
Ooohhh....

All the way up to the epilogue I was like "Ahhh... yeah."

Then you had to go throw Mr. C at us ...and his ..."unsettling" thoughts.

As bowser might say at this point, grrr...

(oh, and 5*, as if there was any question...)

teedeedubteedeedubover 7 years ago
Well

the election results were predictable. Ala Trump. I like where you're going with the CIA. Truthfully, I see them as the next casualty of Trumpublicanism. This country really needs solid information that wasn't just created to 'justify the means'.

WifeWatchmanWifeWatchmanover 7 years agoAuthor
teedeedub

Some of the 'election' was based on 2016, but a good bit of it was based upon 2004 and the false reporting of that election. My purpose was to show the deep corruption and dishonesty of the Media. Have I mentioned that I really, really hate the dishonest, deeply corrupt Media?...

And yes, we're adding intrigue. Gotta have that intrigue. It's going to be fun, and we'll see what happens... and who wins.

666iceman666icemanover 7 years ago
Mr C just a suite

Huntress!!!! Melina who is a hunter or used to go hunting, not an original code name for her. But alas Melina. Malina. Malina miss trustful. dislikes her ex for wasted eight years of her life, Dislikes her now known about sister and IC's present wife so she would take down both if told. Ha the sting in this is the IC's sister Liz she hates Don but would not allow anyone else to harm her little Bro. She will know what is going on and maybe Mr C could find himself facing a Diana's sting from her tail. WW Since Ned was in the hospital and Melina made her nigh-time visit I have never trusted her, even when at the cabin with Todd, Ned and Don she acted like a bent arrow, my team would have outed her due to her actions around that time as she was not an asset to the "Company", in fact had become a liability in my books. WW another good series and waiting for your next posting, am re-reading all your past series to fill in between your posts. 5+++

tranzmanytranzmanyover 7 years ago
Great conclusion!

Odd how Melina continues to become harder to throw. She continues to grow in the dislike column. However this is a testament to your writing skill rather than a complaint about it. I'm wondering if she's turning into a bad guy's lieutenant. Thanks for this story WW, as always you have caused me to want more. Just wonderful!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Bravo

I sense another situation where blood becomes thicker than agency loyalty or moreover loyalty to Mr. C, as Melina helped Don in taking down Operation Apple Grove and Mr. C is blind to that aide which Melina gave to Don, her ex-husband and brother in-law. Mr. C better watch his back with The Huntress, she is as much of a Scorpion, as her sister Laura.

On a different note, as someone who works in campaigns and numbers, most of the wrong polls are what are known as push polls, we usually use those to raise funds to fund partisan campaigns. Usually these polls will ask a series of leading questions and then get to the polling and then we give out to the media and the donors a partial of the poll results with some flowery language meant to get donors to open their wallets. Then we will also do a diagnosis poll with which we try to get an accurate view of the state of the election, those polls are closely held by the campaign and are used to help us target voters. In the diagnosis polls we always check for voter intensity to give us an idea of voter turnout, as Democrats tend to answer pollster questions at higher rates than Republicans. We then cross check the polls with voter responses collected by our volunteers from mostly precinct walking, phone banks, email blasts and social media as a double check on the polling, again data that is closely held by the campaign.

On election night I have often seen races that I knew were lost causes being called close races by the media and close races being called early for a candidate that then loses in a close race, because the media always use push polls and rarely ask the question about intensity of support by the voters they call, they also tend to call landlines and not cell phones, which means they skip voters who either have gotten rid of their landlines or use those lines just for their fax or internet connection.

WifeWatchmanWifeWatchmanover 7 years agoAuthor
On polling...

Anonymous, thanks for the info on polling. My issue is with the Media. In 2004, the deliberately lied and said exit polling showed Kerry beating W. Bush, to try to sway election results. Then the actual numbers came in far different, and the Media perfidy was exposed. 2016 was nowhere near as bad, at least on exit polling, and Media is more careful in what they report these days. Also, I always watch Fox and MSNBC on election night; between the two polar opposites, I could tell Obama was winning in 2012 and Trump in 2016...

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveover 7 years ago
I am just wondering ,,,

Which state are we actually setting this saga in? Given the high tide of Republican domination of state houses and all, I am trying to place it,,,

WifeWatchmanWifeWatchmanover 7 years agoAuthor
Which State?

The State of Denial? :o)

Seriously, the State is not any one real State, but is a composite of several.

Also, the State House is Republican-controlled, but the State Senate is Democrat-controlled. I think that is in one of the way-back stories.

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 years ago

It will be interesting to see how Jared starts off his new term as Governor.

With Melina's background it was a no brained to see her getting involved or overseeing the Bedford operation or am I reading too much into that.

Interesting comment re Laura, so how are they going to set that up and what will Don do about it?

chytownchytown10 months ago

*****Great storytelling fantastic series. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWifeWatchman@WifeWatchman
In an exercise of pure censorship, Literotica published all 5 chapters of my story "Climate Injustice" and then removed them, saying the readers of their explicit sex site(!) want safe spaces from politics(!!) I have published "Climate Injustice" on my Patreon site where the ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES