Slow Dancing with a Fast Woman

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After I finished the project, Becca invited me to a party to show my work off. I went, for business purposes mostly. After all, most of their friends were pretty well off. I made a few connections, and ended up sitting with Becca as the party wound down.

"I still talk to her every once in a while," she said, out of the blue. I knew she was talking about Cindy. I hadn't really thought about her in years.

Without asking me, she pulled up some photos on her phone. Cindy had cut her hair much shorter than in college, and had probably gained thirty pounds. On her tall frame it didn't look that bad, but the tone I remembered was long gone. There was one of her standing next to a man that was a couple inches shorter. They had their arms around each other, smiling for the camera.

"Her second husband," said Becca. "The first was a total failure, because both had affairs. A year later she met David when he brought her a client.

They ended up having coffee, which led to a date, which lead to the altar. She was in therapy also, and told him the truth, about you, her first husband, and how she didn't think she was good wife material. He convinced her, after a long engagement, that he was willing to take that risk, give her that trust, because he had no choice. He just couldn't see living without her."

"They eloped the next day. It's been a little less than two years, and they're inseparable. I believe she'll make it this time."

I think I surprised her when I told her I was happy for her.

...

I thought about it later, and I decided I really was happy for her. It apparently taken her years to get her head on straight, and I hoped it was worth the wait.

As for me, I quit dating, trying to get my own head on straight. I couldn't see getting involved with anyone with the specter of Melody still lingering.

On a whim, I sent her an email.

"Mel,

I just want you to know I wasn't trying to make some kind of statement when I saw you in the club. I had no intention of causing you pain or making you uncomfortable. It was pure happenstance, I had no idea you were there. If it's any consolation, it pretty much ruined my night too.

Jess"

She answered me the next day.

"I'm sorry I ruined your evening. I had no right. I know we're over. I know we'll never be together. I just can't seem to stop loving you. I've actually given up trying. Time is supposed to heal you, but all it does is make me miss you more. I've had an offer from another hospital, far enough away that I won't run into you. I think I'm going to accept the job, and make a fresh start. Maybe then I'll heal. I really do wish you happiness,

Mel"

"PS, if you ever want to talk, just email."

I thought about it. I didn't really see her that often, but if moving away helped her, I was all for it. Maybe then one of us would be happy.

...

And now, here we were, swaying to the music. It felt disturbingly familiar and totally different at the same time. Jerry had bribed the band, and they played three slow songs in a row. I would have stopped after the first one but she wouldn't let go. I thought about forcing the issue, but didn't.

When they were finally over, she locked down on my hand.

"Will you sit with me for a bit? Please? I'll get down on my knees and beg if I have to."

The thought of her embarrassing us both by doing that made me agree. She led me to a small table in the back, far enough away from the band to be able to talk.

She tried to make small talk, and I let her ramble for a minute before stopping her. "What do you really want to say, Mel? Stop beating around the bush and get it out."

She hung her head for a second, then looked up at me. I'd never seen a more determined look on her face.

"I can answer that with one word. You. I want you back. I've tried, Jess, really, really tried, but I can't let you go, can't forget about you, can't stop loving you. I can see it in your eyes, you still care for me. I know you don't date, my friends seem to make it a point of telling me that every time they see me. Why? You're the whole package. Good looks, good values, great job, bright future. I bet you've been hit on a lot since we've split. You could have your pick, but you shut them all down. I think I know why. I can tell you why I haven't found anyone else."

"In the first place, I didn't want anybody else. I've considered dating a couple of times, but I look at them and wonder how they'd measure up to you, and tell them no. I never stopped loving you, I didn't even pretend to try. Can we please start over? I think you'll find me a lot different than I used to be. I'm begging here, just give me one chance. Take me on one date,and if it feels off I'll never bother you again. Think about it, and give me a call. My number is still the same. Thank you for listening, and thanks for the dance. It meant a lot to me."

She hopped up and kissed me on the cheek before walking away. I saw her speak to Jerry and Anna, hugging both, before disappearing through the door. Jerry walked over and sat down. "Well?"

"Well, what?"

"Don't act like an idiot. Are you going to give her another chance? You should. You deserve it."

I looked at him like he'd just turned green started speaking a foreign language. He just sighed.

"It's up to you. One more thing I meant to tell you earlier. From the day she met you, she never had sex with me again. She apologized for it in her letter. She told me she had been exposed to something at work, and it would be six months before it would be safe to have sex again, and she would have to be tested to be sure she was disease free. I should have been pissed about it, but by the time she told me I was over her. I think deep down, I never loved her either. Not the way she should have been loved. Now come on, congratulate us one more time before we leave. Niagara Falls, can you believe it? I wanted somewhere warm, but she wanted this. I got a feeling that whatever Anna wants, Anna is going to get. She wanted me, and she got me. She's the one who insisted I get you both here. She can be very persuasive. I like it."

...

I thought about it for about two weeks. The next town over held Friday night concerts on the old courthouse lawn in the summer. Blues, folk, the odd rock and country band to even things up. There was a blues duo, a man and woman, with the catchy name Freeman Feelbad Jr. and Sweet Thang, playing that weekend. I'd heard them before and they were quite good. I called Mel up and asked if she'd like to attend. There was a long silence, I thought she had hung up, before I heard a quiet yes and what sounded like a sob, and she was gone.

It seemed like a safe choice. Surrounded by lots of people, there was no chance of getting into something too deep. I didn't even pick her up,we met at the venue. I had gotten there early and staked out a good spot, setting up the chairs in advance.

She appeared, right on time, at the place we agreed to meet. She didn't see me at first, so I spent a moment looking at her. She had on a pale yellow sundress, her long curls glistening in the backdrop of the sinking sun. It was enough to take your breath.

Her smile blossomed as she saw me. She rushed up, about to hug me, when she caught herself. Instead, she brushed my hand, shyly. We walked around the square until show time, window shopping and people watching. I got two glasses of a red wine I knew she liked, to sip on while we listened.

The duo was very good, professional quality. The guy was older, mid forties at least, and she look to be just past thirty. Their voices blended very well, and he was a slide virtuoso. Their patter between songs was humorous, and their song selection had a little something for every one.

We laughed at the humorous ones, but when the guy sang a song about a cheating woman you could hear the anguish in his voice. Mel stiffened and looked at me, blushing. The next song, a duet about romance rekindled, brought a smile to her face. By nine the concert was over.

She stood as I stowed the chairs away, looking at me wistfully. "Thank you for tonight, Jess, it..."

"Isn't over, yet. Unless you want it to be. I'm hungry, wanna grab a pizza at Yanni's?" Tears glistened as she took my hand. It was one of our favorite restaurants, when we were together.

Yanni's was a restaurant on the square, offering Greek and Italian cuisine. They stayed open an extra hour on concert nights, and did a good business. I'd done the stonework on his outdoor dining area.

Yanni personally served us, not even letting us order. "Ah, young lovers. I fear you forget your old friend. Is good to see you again. One Yanni pizza, right away."

A large pizza, half filled with anchovies(mine), the other piled high with mushrooms(hers). We ate, and had the rest boxed. I walked her to her car.

"Well, thanks for the evening, Mel. I had fun."

She had been holding my hand since we left the restaurant. Before I could say anything else, she wrapped me in a tight hug, kissed me on the cheek, and jumped into her car. I stood and watched her tail lights fading, wondering what it all meant.

...

We dated twice more, a silly romance movie that gave her an excuse to hold my hand and snuggle while she sniffled. Then a day at a local fair. She made me walk with her through all the exhibits, oohing at the canned goods and cakes, laughing at some of the exotic vegetables. She stopped dead in front of a huge quilt display, a dozen or more, ranging from traditional to modern, all works of art in fabric. Tears formed again, and I was hit with a memory.

She had showed me a picture of a quilt in one of her magazines, one night as we were snuggling in my new house. "I've always wanted to learn to do that."

"Why?"

"Because, silly, I want to be able to make all the children their own personal quilt, something durable they can pass to their own children, and them to our great-grandchildren."

She caught what she had said, and looked at me nervously. I grinned. "How many quilts are we talking about?"

She smiled, happy I wasn't angry. "Oh, at least three. Maybe more, if I'm lucky." She laughed at the stunned expression on my face and snuggled down again, flipping pages.

Returning to the present,I didn't say anything, but I took her hand and squeezed it gently, grabbing a card in front of the display, putting it in my pocket.

"Busy Needle Quilting Club. Join us and learn the art of making quilts. We have classes,workshops,

and soon you'll be sewing with confidence."

Hey, her birthday was coming up. I thought it would make a perfect gift. Candy would be eaten, flowers would fade, but a new skill would stay with you forever.

We rode the rides, at least the ones she could get me on. I watched as she rode the scarier ones by herself. Come on now, everybody is afraid of something, right? She thought it was hilarious that a combat hardened veteran was afraid of a little old roller coaster.

She had her own fears, the main one being thunderstorms. She had almost been hit by lightning when she was six. It struck the ground ten feet away, knocking her and her friends off their feet, unconscious. Now, she stays inside, well away from the windows, and would shake until it was over. Holding her helped, a little.

We shared our first full kiss, as we sat and watched the fireworks they held nightly while the fair ran, snuggled together in the bleachers of the arena. It just happened, neither of us planned it. She said something, and when I turned to answer our lips seemed to lock of their volition. It felt like it lasted hours, but it was probably only ten or fifteen seconds.

We parted, and looked at each other, amazement plain on both our faces. We never said another word to each other the rest of the night, and when I took her home she simply got out and went inside.

We didn't see each other for almost three weeks. We weren't avoiding each other, I was still trying to catch up on my work. Weather had put us behind again, and it took us that long to catch up.

We did talk on the phone a few times, and she seemed distant. I started to wonder if the kiss was a mistake.

I called home, telling my family I had wrapped the project up and intended to be home by Thursday. They seemed happy, they were concerned I was working too hard, and it was burning me out.

...

I sighed, dropping the bag full of dirty laundry in the foyer. I'd wash them later. First I wanted a shower, in the worst possible way. The only change I'd made since I bought the place was to remodel the bathroom. It was larger, and the shower had room for four people. It had six heads that could be turned on all at once, individually, or in any combination a person could think of, with a choice of full flow, massaging pulses, or gentle mist. My first thought when I had it done was how much Mel would have loved it. It didn't get completed until two weeks after our break up. I was glad in a way, I didn't need to have any memories of a naked, happy Mel every time I showered.

When you live alone, especially if you have for a while, you tend not to worry about how you're attired when you walk around. I came out of the shower naked, rubbing my hair with a towel. It was getting long, I was thinking, time for a haircut. I'd had a buzz cut when we met, and she talked me into letting it grow out. She said she loved to run her hands through it. I think she liked to tug it when we were making love. I didn't mind in the least.

I thought I heard giggling, and pulled the towel away. There was Mel, sitting on the bed.

"What? How! Why are..."

Her smile split her face. "The what is your mother told me you'd be home today. The how is you never had me give my keys back, and the why is because I have something to tell you. Now put some clothes on and meet me in the living room."

She giggled again, looking at my cock, which seemed to like the idea of being ogled. "Or not, either way works for me."

She swayed out of the bedroom, felt me watching her, looked over her shoulder and grinned. "Here's another thought. You stay as you are and I'll join you."

The thought put me at full mast. "No," I sputtered, "I'll be out in a second." I grabbed some shorts and a shirt, willing myself to relax. It took a few minutes.

She was in the rocking chair when I came out, looking over the backyard. Turning to me, she gave me that beautiful smile.

"I need to tell you some things, and I need you to not interrupt. I'd like to get it all out before I lose my nerve. Please?"

I nodded, sinking down on the sectional she insisted we have. I thought about changing the furniture when we split, but it worked well in the room, and it was comfortable. I tended to sit in the recliner most of the time. Every time I sat on the sectional flashes of us snuggling, or making love ran through my mind and I'd end up moving.

"I know I've sounded off the last few times we talked. It's because of the kiss. It reminded me of things I'd lost, things I want back. I want you back, I want you to chase me around this house like you used to, until I get tired of the game and let you catch me. I want to take the air mattress into the backyard, lie on it like we used to, watching the stars as we snuggle, then make love. I want you to love me again."

She stopped, gathering her thoughts. I started to speak but she held her hand up. "Wait, I'm almost finished."

"Then I realized something. You already love me. I know it, you know it, everybody we know knows it. Love isn't our problem. Trust is."

"I lied to you in the worst possible way. It took a while, but I now realize how badly I hurt you. So I had to find a way to get your trust back. Here's what I came up with. Let me move back in. You've got security cameras, add to them. Wire the whole house. Then, while you're away, you can access the feed any time you want, to see what I'm up to. Put a GPS tracker on my car, then at a glance you can tell where I'm at and where I've been. I've done some research on the internet. We can get a personal tracker, like those ankle things criminals wear. This model is a bracelet. Again, you can see at a glance where I'm at at all times."

She looked down, a deep blush on her face. "If that's not enough, I'll...I'll wear a chastity belt. They make them, I checked. You could lock me in when you leave, turn me loose when you get home. I'd do all this, just to prove you can trust me."

Wow. Mel had obviously put a massive amount of thought in to this. Sadly, there was one thing she missed. I explained it to her as gently as possible.

"First, let me thank you, for thinking about a way to get us back together. For be willing to do all the things you described. But it'll never work."

Tears started and I held up my hand when she tried to speak.

"My turn. Hear me out. All the things you're willing to do are things that aren't necessary. If we did them, you wouldn't be a partner in a relationship, you'd be a slave. While some of it sounds like fun from a play standpoint, you couldn't live with it constantly. Oh, I'm sure you'd try, but sooner or later you would start to resent it. I know I would. All these things won't promote trust, just the opposite. If I have to go to that much trouble, it would just reinforce the idea you CAN'T be trusted. I couldn't live like that. Deep down, you know all this."

Tears were flowing freely now. She got up, fumbling towards the door. I caught her, pulling her down to the couch with me. She buried her head in my shoulder, and cried for a few minutes.

I petted her, loving the way she felt in my arms. Finally she pushed away from me.

"So it's over then?"

"Quite the opposite, baby. I think we are just beginning. What you did today, what you were willing to do, that took a lot of guts. THAT"S what makes me think we might just make it. So, let's go slow, build on what we've done. Okay?"

She looked up and smiled. It reminded me of the sun popping out after a bad storm.

"Really?"

"Yes, hon, really."

That led to a massive make out session. Her nipples were straining, her face was flushed, and I was hard as a rock. She jumped up, pulling on me.

"Come on, baby, I need to show you just how much I love you. I haven't made love since the last time we were together. You're getting an almost virgin."

I hesitated for a second and tears formed. "That is, if you want to." She squealed when I surged off the couch, flipping her over my shoulder. She giggled and pounded my back as I carried her into the bedroom, tossing her in the middle.

"STRIP!"

It wasn't slow, or sensual, it was a woman in a hurry. She wiggled out of her tight jeans, cursing when her panties got caught on her ankles as she tried to take them off over her sneakers. A couple of buttons popped as she shed her blouse. The bra was a front catch, and she didn't bother releasing it, ripping it off and flinging it.

When she was finally naked, she sighed, stretching her body sinuously, getting comfortable. I had been shedding clothes as rapidly, lucky I didn't have as many as she did to remove. I paused, drinking in her beauty. She actually whined.

"Please baby, please."

I should talk about how I worshiped her full breasts, biting and sucking on them while she writhed with pleasure. Or how I took my time, licking her to one orgasm after another, and entering her slowly delaying the pleasure of release as long as possible. Fuck all that.

I was between her legs, slamming into her before she finished speaking. Luckily she was soaking, or it would have been very uncomfortable. She screamed out a massive orgasm before a minute had gone by, and had another five minutes later when I let loose what felt like a gallon into her. I collapsed and tried to roll off her, but she wrapped her arms and those long legs around me, and wouldn't let go for five minutes. Only the need to breathe made her turn me loose. We lay there, gasping like we'd run a marathon. She rose up, kissed me deeply, then snuggled into my shoulder, and promptly fell asleep. I lay there, stroking her body, until I dozed off.