The Ice, The Game, The Touch

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The next morning at practice, he wasn't feeling the ice beneath his skates and Coach yelled at him when he lost control of the puck yet again. He was lectured at length about keeping his head in the game and he nodded, knowing he deserved it and hating that Amelia had been right. She was distracting him.

As captain, he had an important job to do and later that day at their warm up skate, he proved to the coach and the other players that he was focused on the game. He pushed all thoughts of Amelia out of his mind and rediscovered the feeling of the ice and the tap of the puck against his stick.

***

When Sean first left her alone in her hotel room, Amelia didn't know what to do. Her body was still very much turned on by their lovemaking and her mind was muddled by thoughts of him lying naked with her. Sighing heavily, she walked over and picked up the VIP pass he'd left on the table for her. It was for the game tomorrow night and she guessed that he'd only left it as a friendly gesture; not because he wanted to see her there.

"I'm such an idiot," she muttered to herself as she tossed the pass back on the table and stalked into the washroom to take a shower.

Once inside the washroom, she felt reluctant to wash his scent from her skin. It had been such an intense encounter, one that she never would have expected from him. Or from her, if she was being completely honest with herself.

It had been a long time since any man had worked his way under her skin like Sean had and she was so confused because of it. She'd never expected to meet a man in her winter travels and she'd never thought she'd actually fall for someone.

That thought ripped through her and left her feeling breathless.

Had she fallen for him? They hardly knew each other. A couple flirty conversations and some amazing sex was all they had. And yet, Amelia couldn't shake the image of his face hovering over hers as he made fierce love to her.

She stared at herself in the bathroom mirror and smiled.

Well, she thought as she shrugged the robe off her body. There's no reason to pass up a free ticket to a hockey game.

She decided to shower after all.

***

The following night she made herself look as good as possible while still appearing casual. It was still just a sporting event, not a night at the opera, after all. She took a cab to the nearby Forum and walked inside.

Almost right away the atmosphere of the place invaded her senses. She smelled the beer mixed with the chill of the ice below. She watched in excited anticipation as the players took to the ice and found herself cheering maniacally for her team. Then she sat back in her seat and giggled behind her hand at the thought. My team indeed, she thought and shot to her feet again as her player scored another goal.

Later, her heart was still racing as the arena emptied of all the spectators. The box behind her emptied as well until only a few remained. Amelia began to wonder if Sean would come to the box. They'd lost the game, even with all his effort and skill, and Amelia didn't know if he'd care about coming to look for her.

Voices rose in the suite behind her and she glanced over her shoulder to see a few of the players on Sean's team wander in. She smiled and shrugged, telling herself that she might have blown it with Sean. Still, she waited in the seats out front of the box, quietly watching the Zamboni circle the ice below.

"Amelia?" Sean's deep voice broke into her silent reverie and every part of her froze except her pounding heart.

She turned her face until she could see Sean, freshly showered and messy hair tucked under a baseball cap as he walked hesitantly down the few steps to the seat she was sitting in. He looked entirely too delectable for his own damn good. Amelia looked away, biting her lower lip.

"I didn't think you'd come," he said and moved to sit down next to her.

"I didn't think I would either," she replied honestly, still not looking at him.

Neither of them said anything for a minute. Then Sean blew out a noisy breath and lifted his cap off to rub his hand through his damp hair.

"I could have picked a better game for you to see," he said, breaking the silence.

"It was a great game!" Amelia burst out, turning in her seat and catching hold of his hand as he lowered it from his head. "You were amazing. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time."

He glanced sideways at her, a smile playing at the corner of his lips. He turned his hand over so he could encase her fingers in his. "Well, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself."

"I did," she breathed and leaned closer. "I enjoyed every moment."

"You still don't think it was a mistake?" he asked and she heard the touch of hurt in his voice. She hated herself for causing him any amount of pain.

"Oh, it was a mistake," she said as she gave his fingers a squeeze. "But it's a mistake I want to keep making until we get it right."

His head whipped around until his eyes were boring into hers. He looked so serious that Amelia thought he must have aged several years in the past twenty-four hours. Then he grinned that boyish, unbelievably sexy grin and Amelia sucked in a sharp breath.

"So you're over the age difference, ma'am?" he asked teasingly, leaning close enough that his warm breath tickled her lips.

"I am if you are, young man," she replied and leaned forward enough so that their lips were just touching.

He drew back after the slightest kiss. "If we're going to keep on making mistakes together, Amelia, I should probably know more about you."

"Like what?" she asked around a breathless laugh.

"Like your middle name?" he suggested, turning in the seat and reaching for her, hauling her over onto his lap.

She settled there comfortably and looped her arms around his neck. She gave her hips a little wriggle and was gratified by the responding swell beneath her thigh.

"It's Dawn," she told him. "Anything else?"

"Your favorite color?"

"Green," she replied and lifted a hand to cup his cheek as she pressed a light kiss to his lips. "Although I am partial to black and gold."

"Is that your subtle way of telling me you like gold jewelry?" he asked, widening his eyes in a too-innocent look.

She giggled, loving how it felt to be in his arms. "Take it as you will, Kid."

"One more question," he said after kissing her thoroughly. "Just how old are you?"

She scoffed at his question. "Old enough to know that gentlemen don't ask ladies what their ages are."

"Well, you're lucky then," he replied and his hand slid low down her back.

She moved against him, settling more firmly against the growing appendage under her hip. "Am I?"

"Yes. I'm not a gentleman," he said and pulled her head down so he could lick her lips tauntingly.

She moaned, forgetting his question altogether as his tongue sank into her mouth. His arms were snug around her and his chest was firm under her hands as she leaned into the kiss, delighting in his taste.

When at last he drew away, she felt light-headed.

"Will you tell me now?" he asked, his face still close enough that she felt his lips move against hers as he spoke.

"I'll tell you anything you want as long as you keep on kissing me like that," she replied huskily.

He chuckled, the deep sound delightful to her ears. "How old are you, Amelia? It's unfair that you know my stats when I don't know all yours."

She sighed and pulled back far enough so that she could look into his sparkling hazel eyes. "I'm thirty next July."

"Is that all? You're still young enough to enjoy it."

"Enjoy what?"

"What I'm going to do to you tonight," he replied with that sexy grin.

Her stomach flipped at his words and the darkening look in his eyes. "Just tonight?"

"Well, I'd like to repeat this 'mistake' as you call it every night but I don't want to force you to travel with the team," he told her. "Even though you would be the best looking hockey groupie there is."

Amelia rolled her eyes and pressed her hands to his chest to lever herself away from him. "Oh, you are such a sweet talker. It's a wonder you haven't already scored yourself a wife, Sean."

"I've just been saving myself," he told her and his tone was utterly sincere.

Amelia's heart melted a little bit more at his words and leaned into his chest with a sigh, tucking her head under his chin. He wrapped his arms around her and breathed deeply. She listened to the rhythm of his heart under her cheek and toyed with the sinewy forearm around her middle.

Should she take a chance like this and travel with the team so she could spend more time with him? There wasn't a simple answer, but then, this wasn't a simple situation. She had come to the game to see him. Didn't that mean she wanted to get to know him better as well?

Plus, there was all the free hockey games she'd be able to see.

Grinning, she tilted her head back and kissed the strong line of his jaw. "OK," she agreed.

He laughed and hugged her tightly. Then he dropped his chin and kissed her on the mouth, hotly, thoroughly.

Later, in her hotel room, they repeated their heated encounter from the day before, only this time, they did it in her giant bed.

It was hot, melting any ice Amelia had harbored inside herself, and the games faded into the distance, leaving them both free to simply touch one another, all over, all night long, for many, many nights.