Witness for the Prosecution Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

And yes, Dee and Roger would say that the men in those two photos were the men that had tortured them...

Part 13 - Epilogue

1:30pm, Monday, November 22d. After going out to lunch, Chief Moynahan, Karina White, Lorena Rose, Claire Michaels, and Wes Masters returned to Police Headquarters. Director Masters and Chief Moynahan went to the Chief's office, while the ladies came to my office, Lorena carrying a large paper bag. I had them come in and sit down.

Lorena said "Sir, I wanted to apologize again for my role in the DEA taking the Toyota Gang perps, and also thank you for not holding it against me... and for helping me get the SBI job instead of having to move back to California or something."

"Keeping you here in the State would be reason enough for doing that." I said. Then I got serious, and said "You made a mistake. Who hasn't; we all have. You're a good person and a damn good cop; I saw that when you were with the TCPD before. And I think you learned something, and had your eyes opened, and that's valuable too. So go vindicate my faith in you. Go do great things and help Karina and Wes make the SBI the most respected State LEO organization in the country."

"Yes sir, I will." Lorena said. She then put the paper sack on my desk. "This is a gift to repay your kindness to me."

"Oh, you shouldn't have." I said as I reached into the bag and pulled out... a bottle of Tokay wine. "Thank you. This is getting popular around here."

As I reached down into my desk drawer and pulled out four wine glasses, I said "Sheriff Griswold says he's never met anyone ranked Captain and above that doesn't have something medicinal in the desk drawer. He has it, the Chief has it, Coldiron Masters has it... and so do you, Captain Michaels."

"Noooo comment, sir." Claire said as I opened the bottle and half-filled the four glasses. We all stood up.

"To your new career." I said to Lorena. We all clinked glasses and drank the toast.

Just then, the door opened and in drove Tanya Perlman, followed by Cindy Ross. "Share with the class, Iron Crowbar." said Tanya.

"Certainly, Lady Ironside." I replied. I got out glasses for her and Cindy and poured them some wine.

After another round of toasts and drinking, Tanya said "Don, how did you know Dwight Stevens was being promoted to Special Agent In Charge? Jack thinks you're sneaking peeks into Federal databases again."

"Again? When was the first time?" I asked. That earned a 'look' from both my Angels. "Okay, okay. I didn't peek. But it stood to reason that that would be the bait to entice Dwight into doing it. No, he had no idea about the emerald; he was given visions of sugarplums of busting the Cartels and denting the fentanyl trade. And becoming a SAC has been his lodestone since he joined the DEA. Q.E.D."

"In other words," Cindy Ross said, "you just made a fucking wild-ass guess."

"More of an 'edumacated' one." I replied.

Karina White said "The Iron Crowbar's guesses are better than everyone else's facts. And you did an amazing job on this whole case, Don."

"Team effort." I replied, raising my glass. We clinked glasses and sipped again.

Lorena said "I liked Dwayne, and I think he's a good guy. But there always was something about him that was a little off."

Cindy said "He got what he wanted, at the price of the shed blood of three people. Perps to be sure, but still human beings. Oh, that's why I came in, Don. They found Fred Spencer's body, in the same house just over the State Line that Keeler was found in all those years ago " (Author's note: 'Seriously Inconvenienced', Ch. 05)

"Thanks." I said. "And yes, as Spock told T'Pring and Stonn on Vulcan: 'having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting'." (Author's note: Star Trek, the original series; 'Amok Time'.) "Dwight Stevens may be about to find that out."

Cindy said: "Vee shall seeee if it will be worth it for Dwight, or if he will pay the price... the price of karma."

"And if I don't miss my guess," I said, looking at the time, "someone else is paying the price for her actions right now..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Savannah Fineman was ushered into Miriam Walters's office by Miriam's assistant 'with formality', which Savannah had almost never been subject to before. Going inside, she saw Miriam at the end of the conference table in front of her desk. Sitting to Miriam's right was Superior Court Judge Franklin Washington, wearing a suit and tie but no judicial robes.

"Come in, Savannah, have a seat." Miriam said, indicating the chair to her left. Savannah walked up and sat down. She nodded to Judge Washington, her former ADA colleague, but did not greet him as would have been proper, and good manners. He just nodded back wordlessly.

Miriam said "I want to talk to you about what happened with Maribel Isadora's immunity."

Savannah's face assumed a pained look as she said "Yes, I know I messed up on that. But how was I to know the Feds were going to come in and take her from us?"

Miriam said "This way." She handed Savannah the photographs of Savannah and Chip Blake in the throes of sexual pleasure.

"How in the hell?---" Savannah gasped as she looked at them, and saw what they were. Then she looked up and said "Where did you get these? From Don Troy? Has he been following me?"

"That's always your first dodge." Judge Franklin Washington said. "It's always about the Iron Crowbar with you. He's living rent-free in your head." Savannah Fineman looked at him with hatred in her eyes.

Miriam said "Where they came from is far, far less important than what they suggest. Let me spell it out in good prosecutorial style."

Miriam began: "Judge Washington and I have not been able to understand how the Defendants's attorneys did not protect their clients. Yes, Maribel's attorney was Max Chambliss, as incompetent as ADA Dwayne Gregory, but a lot sleazier and corrupt. But Chip Blake is not, and neither he nor Edward N. Parker, who is a brilliant attorney, would normally just let that happen to their clients. But they did."

Miriam: "But what's worse, Savannah, is that the Feds knew Maribel only had the local immunity! And only you should have known that, Savannah. There was no reason for the Feds to assume you made the mistake; if they did know, they had to be told. Who told them, Savannah?"

"The Defense attorneys, maybe?" Savannah suggested.

Miriam: "Again, why would they do that to their clients? Unless..." She held up one of the photos, that clearly showed Savannah's face as well as Chip Blake's cock sheathed in Savannah's cunt.

Savannah said nothing. Miriam continued: "And I might otherwise excuse your mistake on the immunity; after all, even the Iron Crowbar admitted that he very nearly made the same mistake a few months ago. But in this case, three people have died... they found Fred Spencer's body on the other side of the State Line---"

"I had no idea anyone was going to die!" Savannah protested. "I thought Maribel was going to be protected---" She stopped suddenly, almost giving herself away. Her eyes began darting around, as if looking for a way out of the trap.

She finally said "Come on, Miriam! Do you really think I would do that? What would I have to gain?"

"That's what I had been wondering." said Miriam. ""Why, Savannah? Why?"

Savannah finally decided on aggression: "Okay, yeah, I fucked Chip. Neither of us are married, we've hooked up a few times here and there. It's not the first time lawyers on opposite sides have hooked up, and it won't be the last. So what? That's no basis for Iron Crowbar conspiracy theories!"

Miriam said "This is not about the Iron Crowbar, Savannah---"

"It sure sounds like one of the Iron Crowbar's sick fantasies." Savannah spat bitterly. "He's been out to get me for a long time."

Franklin Washington said: "Savannah, did you do those things?"

"No!" Savannah all but yelled. "Of course not!"

Miriam said "But I think you did, and therefore I can no longer trust you. Savannah... you're fired."

Finis.