Jack's Wage Slavery Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BurntRedstone
BurntRedstone
9,888 Followers

"Ah! Our apologies! Here, have them smell this. It neutralizes the effect of the flower's scent." The Chuuruthian handed Gee and Bal some small white fabric packets. The Altarians distributed them and demonstrated how to use them.

Leo and Maxim both took a deep sniff and within seconds they were both frowning in embarrassment at their earlier behavior.

Nann indicated she was fine but the Major took a packet and inhaled deeply. Her grin softened and she looked at the Altarian curiously. "What was that?" she asked.

Gee pointed to the flowers. "The scent of the Chella Orchids can sometimes have a mildly intoxicating effect." She turned back to the Chuuruthian. "We need to speak with a Tik elder if any are available as we believe the Mahrell Drun are back."

"I'm not familiar with the name Mahrell Drun," the clerk said nervously.

"It is our belief that the Allsa Komanae are actually descendants of the Mahrell Drun. We have evidence that one of their Prime's has returned to reorganize and revitalize the Allsa Komanae. Comparatively the Mahrell Drun's skill at disrupting peaceful societies puts the Allsa Komanae to shame."

The Chuuruthian's long whiskers were trembling with nervousness. It didn't seem to know how to proceed.

"Perhaps you could point us in the direction of transportation to the Tik Enclave and contact Chuuruthian Security to have a representative meet us there. We will share our findings with them at that time," Gee suggested and the clerk nodded quickly. It pointed to the doorway at the far right of the building.

With a nod Gee led the group to the door and outside. There was an automated taxi service. Gee entered the number of people in their group and was notified a larger vehicle was on its way to pick them up.

The Major leaned in a little closer. "Why did that clerk become agitated when you mentioned the Allsa Komanae?" she asked.

Gee looked up. "The Allsa Komanae attempted to kill the Chuuruthian population with a genetically engineered virus. That's why you won't find any Allsa Komanae on the planet. They've been banned."

The commandos looked around the grounds of the Gate Terminal and were impressed with how beautifully landscaped they were.

A large, open vehicle with rows of seating descended next to the platform they were on and they climbed aboard once it stopped. Gee gave their destination and the vehicle slipped back up into the sky to rush towards the southern horizon. The speed of the vehicle increased until the land below rushed by in a blur but there was no wind distortion within the seating area.

"Outside of a few covert operations I can't go into the details for I don't think I've ever travelled this quickly at such a low altitude before," the Major remarked.

"Yes, this haste seems to indicate we've been given quite a high priority by the Chuuruthian air traffic authority," Gee agreed.

As they travelled they admired the scenery in the distance as the nearby terrain was moving far too quickly to watch comfortably. Soon they saw something glittering on the horizon and their speed began to diminish. They also saw a second vehicle moving on a trajectory similar to theirs. It was much smaller and enclosed. Their speed dropped quickly as they approached the source of the glittering. Dozens of brand new chrome Tik were flying here and there over a large building. All of them moved with a sense of purpose. Nann likened it to a bee hive.

The taxi settled to the ground outside of the building and the smaller vehicle settled down next to it where two Chuuruthians stepped out and walked over to meet them.

"Greetings! I am Security Minister Stenn and this is Secretary of Defence Kressel. I was informed that you have information regarding a possible Allsa Komanae mobilization. I was contacted by the Altarian Security Minister earlier indicating I should expect you. Am I speaking with Gee and Bal?"

Gee stepped forward. "I am Gee and this is Bal. Our companions are from Earth's Security Council Force." Gee made the introductions.

The Major stepped forward holding out her comm. "I have the data from Queen Elissa regarding the Mahrell Drun, a race that had their Gate revoked because of their destructive influence on the other worlds. We are going to speak with an elder Tik if any are available to get confirmation and potentially any additional information we can get on the Mahrell Drun." She looked over a Gee who nodded so she continued. "We have reason to believe Earth's chain of command may have been infiltrated and subverted by agents working with the Allsa Komanae and ultimately with this new Prime."

They began walking towards the entrance to the building and Gee continued. "Our Ambassador, Jack Danner, was abducted by mercenaries on Earth who passed him along to someone who used to be a senior Director in Earth's Trade Commission, a Mr. Goodson. He in turn smuggled him through a Cargo Gate with help from a smuggling ring to Rehm where the ones who ordered the abduction killed Goodson and took possession of the Ambassador. It was the Allsa Komanae. The trail goes cold at Rehm but it is our belief that the abduction was just one element of a plan to disrupt relations between Earth and Altaria."

The Chuuruthians looked at each other nervously, whiskers trembling. "We have long believed the Allsa Komanae were a blight on civilization. To hear they may be the descendants of a race excised from the Gate Network for exactly these kinds of crimes seems to validate our concerns."

"Indeed. However, we need more information on them so we can present this to people on Earth in positions of power that may be able to counteract the insurgence. We have no idea how deep the Allsa Komanae's influence goes within Earth's government."

"Do you know of people you can trust?" Minister Stenn asked.

The Major looked to him and nodded. "The difficult part will be contacting them. My team and I are all being charged with Treason so my calls will be blocked. A call from a Tik would not be."

"A call from the Chuuruthian Secretary of Defence would also go through I'm sure." Kressel offered.

The commandos all looked at the Chuuruthian in surprise. "Yes, that would be extremely generous of you. However, it might also put Chuuruthia's relations with Earth in jeopardy as Altaria's is now."

"There is no other race in the entire Gate Network we would be more honored to stand beside in such a conflict. The Altarians and the Chuuruthians are both known for our strict adherence to honorable and civilized behavior. The Allsa Komanae are the exact opposite. Someone needs to take a stand against them," Kressel said firmly.

"Thank you." Gee and Bal said with a nod towards the man.

They reached the doors and the two Altarians handed over the weapons they were carrying before they were admitted.

The team looked towards the Secretary of Defence to see how he reacted but he just smiled at their concern. "Not to worry. You entrusted your weapons with the Altarians. There is no better signal of your mutual trust which means the Chuuruthians can trust you as well," he said.

A Tik with some interesting stylized markings all over its chassis floated towards them. "Hello! Welcome to the Tik Enclave on Chuuruthia. I am BassDrop. How may I assist you today?"

Gee stepped forward. "We would like to speak to any senior Tik or any who might have information on a race called the Mahrell Drun. We have reason to believe they have returned and are attempting to destabilize relations between the Altarians and the Humans."

"There are Altarians and Humans present in this group as well as Chuuruthians. I see no hostility," it replied.

"The disruption is between our governments. The individuals you see before you are harmonious in our resolve to see this disruption end peacefully," Gee explained. "Is there a senior Tik present at the Enclave?"

"Yes, there are two. I will contact them. Please wait here." The Tik floated off down a hallway.

"BassDrop?" Maxim asked.

"Another human naming though I don't know what it means." Bal offered with a frown.

"Is music. Dance club music. Loud. Powerful. Is good," Leo grinned and Maxim rolled his eyes.

They saw the Tik returning.

"They will see you now. Please follow me." It set off down the hall and the group fell into step behind it. They exited out into a huge inner courtyard which was beautifully landscaped. In the distance they saw a low platform situated in the middle of the open space. Two Tik were sitting upon raised sections of the platform.

Leo suddenly made an excited sound. He moved closer to their guide. "Excuse please. You were in Moscow? On Earth?"

Without stopping its forward momentum BassDrop turned to face Leo. "Yes I was. Shortly after I was Instantiated I worked the Cargo Gate in the Moscow Gate Terminus. How did you know?"

Leo pulled up his sleeve and showed the Tik a tattoo he had on his thick right forearm. It was faded with age but it was a Spade shape with white beams of light emanating from behind it. The Tik chirped excitedly.

"Ah! I would often spend my enrichment time at Club Spade. The music was exceptional! I was allowed to make my own music there two nights a week. It was exhilarating! The club manager gave me my name!"

"That tattoo is from a Russian dance club?" Nann asked with a smile. "I thought it was military!"

"Music is good!" Leo insisted.

BassDrop extended one of its metallic tentacles and touched its chassis and the group saw the identical symbol painted there. "We are similar in our love of good music! Thank you for bringing this to my attention."

Leo excitedly pulled out his comm and touched the controls. Soon a booming bass line filled the space around them and Leo bobbed his head to the music. Nann reached over and shut it off as the wide eyed Chuuruthians were covering their sensitive ears. Leo looked towards them with a contrite wince. "Apologies."

Their guide had drifted to a stop as it looked at Leo. "Was... was that a recording of one of my sessions at the club?"

"Yes, is bootleg. You are famous!" Leo grinned. "I did not understand was you. Until now."

The Tik seemed to be stunned as it looked at Leo and the others without moving. Finally it began moving towards their destination once more though it remained facing Leo. It extended a tentacle towards the man and Leo took it in his hand once he saw Gee's gesture that he should.

"I am deeply touched that my creations are being shared amongst those who appreciate them. Thank you so much for sharing this. This is a unique experience for me. I will need to contemplate its significance," BassDrop said then retracted its tentacle and turned to face the platform they'd arrived at. It emitted a quick burst of noise and got a burst in return.

A bench rose from the deck of the platform across from the two old Tik. The group sat and took a closer look at the ones they came to speak with. Where the Tik they'd seen on their arrival were bright and shiny chrome, the chassis on these two were dull and badly pitted. They also showed significant wear and tear in terms of dents, scratches, and deeper injuries.

The newer Tik settled itself between them and the older Tik touched it with a tentacle. "Neither of the elders has the means to speak directly but they can tap into my speech center and speak through me. They will do so now."

"Hello, you may address me as One," said a deep voice. The old Tik on the left raised a tentacle. "You may address me as Two," gestured the other, it's voice higher in pitch.

"Why do I feel an almost uncontrollable urge to name them?" Nann whispered to the Major.

"The Tik developed a unique relationship with Humans who seem to have an overwhelming compulsion to name things," the deep voice said, sounding amused. Nann blushed at being overheard. "Our young have a compulsion to obtain names from Humans. We think it might be something in the Instantiation matrix but as it's essentially harmless there is no need to look further into it. Two and I were Instantiated millennia before this relationship developed, indeed longer than Humanity itself has been self-aware, so we feel no such need."

Two's voice returned. "I do admit to being curious as to what names you might have chosen in this instance."

Nann looked at Gee who nodded with a smile.

"One, Socrates. Two, Plato. The names just popped into my head as we sat down to face you."

The deep voice chuckled. "Interesting choice of names. Not really applicable to our true role-"

"I like it. I am Plato," Two said immediately adopting the name.

One made a noise which sounded strangely like a gasp of shock and annoyance. "Fine. You are Plato. Our visitors may still address me as One-"

"Socrates," Plato blurted, interrupting once more.

The noise emitted once more. "What if I don't wish to be addressed as Socrates?" the deep voice growled.

"You don't?" Plato asked.

There was silence.

"Might we begin?" the Chuuruthian Security Minister asked.

"Of course... you may address me as Socrates."

Nann grinned.

"Thank you. Socrates, Plato, you indicated that you have been alive for an exceptionally long time. During this lifetime did you ever have interaction with a race of beings called the Mahrell Drun? We understand they were forced out of the Gate Network and their Gate was destroyed," Stenn asked.

More silence.

Finally Socrates spoke again. "I haven't heard that name in a long time. Yes, we were working for the Kel-Fahr during the time of the banishment."

"Banishment?" Gee asked.

"The Mahrell Drun were master manipulators. They destroyed so many lives and even caused some races to slide back into the dust from which they sprung. The Tik do not follow a belief system which supports personifying good and evil. However, the Mahrell Drun's willingness to trick others into destroying life for their own selfish gain and their insatiable greed makes it very difficult for us to not think of them as evil."

Plato took up the tale. "When it was eventually discovered that they were the root cause of the destabilization of so many worlds the Kel-Fahr finally saw the threat and responded with all of their might. The Mahrell Drun had several worlds under their thrall which attempted to fight on behalf of their hidden masters but all perished. When the Kel-Fahr reached the Mahrell Drun's home planet they found it to be abandoned. Not one Prime was found. So they sterilized the world and destroyed its Gate."

Socrates' voice was rough as he continued. "The Kel-Fahr hunted down the Primes. There was never more than five at any time as their ambition made them fight amongst themselves if their numbers increased. However, only three were found and they were destroyed down to the atomic level."

"The other two were never found?" Gee asked.

"One should have been on their home planet. Primes always left one of their own on their home world. But the Kel-Fahr never found it." Plato answered.

"No evidence of the other one was found either."

"We suspect the Allsa Komanae are the descendants of the Mahrell Drun." Gee said.

"That is highly doubtful," Plato remarked.

"Why?" Gee asked.

"From the time of the banishment all Gates carry code that prevents Prime's from passing through them without being genetically damaged to the point of sterility. The Kel-Fahr imposed this code on the Gates and they are the only species this was done to. Allsa Komanae pass through the Gates all the time. They have done so for centuries yet their population remains steady."

"Have there ever been any dramatic increases or decreases in their population as one might expect with mass sicknesses caused by natural means or otherwise?" Stenn asked, clearly recalling their own near pandemic.

"No, looking at their numbers over time they progressed to their current population and have remained within five percent of that total ever since. Exceptionally stable but then so is the Tik's population.

"You are only tracking the Allsa Komanae who pass through Gates though. You don't know their population on their home world," Gee pushed.

There was some hesitation. "Yes... that is correct," Socrates conceded.

"Getting back to the Mahrell Drun, we have evidence that one exists and is in fact working with the Allsa Komanae. Would it be possible to get a digital transcript of the history of the Mahrell Drun and their subsequent banishment?" Major Ash requested.

"Of course. Did you meet this Prime? Do you have direct evidence of its existence?" Plato asked.

It was the Major's turn to hesitate. "No, we didn't and we don't. We just have a confession from one Allsa Komanae and a pattern of activity that seems far better organized than anything the Allsa Komanae have ever achieved before."

"With the Mahrell Drun, that's more than you'd typically get. We have done what we can. Good luck to you all," Socrates indicated.

"Thank you very much for your assistance with this!" the Major said.

The two senior Tik disconnected from BassDrop who moved to the Major. "I can upload the file they gave to me." She pointed her comm at the Tik and it touched the input jack for a moment. When it pulled the tentacle back she saw the file was in her storage.

"I'd like a copy of that as well if you don't mind," Secretary of Defence Kressel indicated and BassDrop uploaded the file to his comm as well. "We should return to my office so we can contact these trusted officials of yours on Earth."

The group followed their Tik guide back out to the entrance to the building.

Leo held BassDrop's 'hand' once more then they made their way back to the vehicles and set course for the Ministry of Defence's office.

Once more they were given priority and the vehicles reached the high velocity they'd had on the way to see the Tik. No one felt like talking as they were all deep in their own thoughts. The commandos understood that their next step would either get them the access to Earth they desperately needed or show them they could never go home. Gee and Bal sensed their unease and had no words of comfort to offer.

Soon they could see the beautiful low rise buildings of the Chuuruthian government's headquarters and their speed gradually slowed until they parked next to a two story building tucked back behind some lovely flowering trees. They exited the vehicles and followed Kressel into the building and down a long corridor to a large conference room. A younger female Chuuruthian rushed into the room.

"How may I be of assistance?" she asked Kressel.

"Fire up the comm system in here and get me a secure line to Earth," he replied. She immediately moved to the console and began setting up the protocols. The large display at the end of the room flickered to life. Kressel turned to the Major. "Who am I calling?"

The Major shared a look with Nann. "Brigadier General Rosseau. I served under him for five years. I trust him more than anyone else. He will be at the Ministry of Defence in Paris, France. I will give you his contact number." She sent him the data from her comm and Kressel forwarded it along to the tech.

"Once you are speaking to him and have his full attention, send him the data pack and tell him the following phrase, 'Major Ash says Shanghai Insider'. He'll know what that means." She looked around the room. "In case his comm is monitored where can we stand and not be in the camera's view?"

Kressel pointed to the corners of the room next to the screen. The team moved to stand in the blind spots and Gee and Bal joined them.

"Are we clear?" Gee asked.

Kressel looked at the young technician who checked the camera's view and nodded. He turned back to the Altarian's and the humans and they indicated they were ready. He took a seat next to Security Minister Stenn and nodded back to the tech. She set up the call then left the room. It was up to the Defence Secretary now. He initiated the call.

BurntRedstone
BurntRedstone
9,888 Followers