Broken

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~

The rain turned to snow overnight, an easy 6 inches covering everything. To me, I hear snow; or at least I hear the results of snow. The total lack of echoes, the way sound is muted and just sort of disappears. We attended a Christmas Eve midnight service with her parents, exchanged gifts on Christmas morning, and then the following morning got ready to head out as we were heading to my parents for a couple of days also.

I put my hand out to Will to say goodbye. He took it, and then pulled me forward in a hug, said it was a pleasure to meet me, and I turned to Evie who also gave me a hug. I couldn't help but notice the similarities in her and Jenn's bodies; their height, feel, size of their breasts. I couldn't help it when my mind thought "I wonder if their bottoms are alike," but there was no way I was going to put a hand on my future mother-in-law's bottom to find out. I just sort of laughed to myself internally, figured I'd tell that thought to Jenn later, as I'd gotten where I could tell her anything and she didn't think anything of it. We all have weird thoughts and questions that run through our mind, it's just that sighted people can look and make a comparison, blind people can't.

I turned and Jenn took my hand and we walked to the edge of the porch. The porch and stairs had been protected from the snow, but the walkway at the bottom, having been cleared of most snow, had gotten melt water during Christmas day and then refrozen overnight. Jenn was right in the process of saying "Watch your step, it's icy," when despite treading gingerly, my foot went out from under.

I gripped Jenn's arm, but it wasn't enough. My body spun away from her until my other foot went out and I was falling backward.

~

It was the incessant beeping.

It had been going on for quite some time now. I'd counted the beeps, started, lost track, stopped, started again and they just wouldn't go away. This time it wasn't quite the same. This time I knew I had fallen and I knew I was in the hospital but some things were different.

I had someone holding my hand almost constantly. I had someone who would cry near me, and then a voice, an Angels voice, would talk to me, telling me to come back with her.

And the lights. Whenever I semi reached consciousness, I had all these spinning multi-colored kaleidoscopic rings of light in my eyes, or pulsating blobs of color, even though I knew my eyes were closed, even though I knew my eyes were bandaged once again. Or at least I thought they were. At least once someone took the bandages off, peeled my eyelids open and shown a light into my eyes. I knew I flinched, somebody said something, and then the bandage went back.

"He's coming around," I heard a voice say as I began to regain consciousness. Someone was holding my hand, squeezing, as I felt the bandage over my eyes being removed. My eyes naturally opened, and this time, instead of complete black, a single bright point of light was in the center, spirals, and swirls of color surrounding that bright pinpoint. Someone flashed a bright light into my eyes causing me to flinch again. "That hurts," I heard myself say.

"That's good," an anonymous woman's voice said, "it means he may get his sight back."

"Why... what..." I stammered, incoherently.

"You fell and hit your head," my Angel said. My Angel, my blond-haired Angel with the big tits. Oh wait... no, that wasn't right. The vision faded, a body, black skin... gorgeous tits. I'd never seen them, but I'd felt them, suckled them and had her ride me again and again. We'd made love, I knew we had.

"My Angel," I whispered, my eyes closing, and I fell asleep.

Every time I opened my eyes, the light was a bit brighter, a bit larger. From the minuscule pinpoint of that first time, the field of vision slowly opened, allowing light, and shapes and images to begin to infiltrate. The circling, swirling, patterns gradually disappeared, and the focus gradually became sharper. Shadowy images became more distinct, features became stronger.

"My best guess is that his vision will completely return," I heard a woman's voice, now recognized as the female ophthalmologist or neurologist or vision doctor -- whatever she was, as I didn't know. "We really don't know why he lost it originally, head injuries are like that sometimes. But we do know he suffered a severe head trauma, again, and whatever caused it to begin with appears to have righted itself. Perhaps we could say that a bad thing was a good thing?"

The conversation continued around me for a few moments, barely coherent to me. She left, and a moment later when I opened my eyes again, they finally focused a bit and I found a black woman standing over me. It had to be my Angel, didn't it? She was beautiful, although I thought she seemed to be older than I expected. "Jennifer?" I said, reaching up for her face.

"Jennifer?" Evie said, moving away, "I think he wants to see you."

Just a moment later another face appeared, this one leaning over me, grasping my hand, with tears in her eyes. Although Evie was indeed beautiful, now seeing her for the very first time, Jennifer truly was a beautiful Angel -- my Angel.

~

The wedding was in the park, the first weekend in June. Pat was my best man as he was also my best friend, although I had to strap a ribbon with the ring around his neck. I'd only briefly considered passing him and his training on to someone else who needed a seeing eye dog, but after they assured me that since we'd bonded it would be better if he remained with me, he did. April became Jennifer's Maid of Honor while Jasmine became my "best woman" along with Pat so she could take the ring off his neck and hand it to me.

The wedding was supposed to start at 2, although we momentarily considered delaying or moving inside for a while as a strong thunderstorm rolled in a little over an hour before, driving everyone into the adjoining banquet room carrying their chairs. And then, just 20 minutes before we were scheduled to start, the downpour suddenly stopped, the storm broke and moved off rapidly. With 10 minutes to go everyone grabbed their chairs and moved back outside. When I arrived in front to look back and find my Angel waiting to be escorted to the front by her father, I found a large rainbow, arched across the sky in the background, perfectly accenting the setting. My beautiful wife to be, accented by a beautiful rainbow, creating a perfect image for the beginning of the rest of our lives.

The best part of all was that I was able to see it all for myself.