She's The One

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I smiled "Sounds to me that Mackenzie is a 'mature' 13 year old."

"She is amazing Jack. So smart, and so wise for her age. But she is also cheeky and can be a pain too, but she is everything to me."

"I can see that." I said smiling at the pride Donna had for her daughter.

"You seem to have a good relationship with you daughter Jack?"

"Oh yes. Gemma and I are very close. Even though she lives with her mother, she talks to me regularly through the week and she spends 3 out of 4 weekends with me. We do have our ups and downs, but as she has grown up our relationship has only gotten better. My son Andrew and I have a great relationship too, but he now lives in Sydney, close to University. I don't see him as much as I'd like to, but we do talk regularly and we do catch up when we can. " I smiled thinking about my wonderful children and how much they mean to me.

Donna could see the look of pride on my face and was smiling at me. I then realised I hadn't told her anything about my past.

"I have been divorced for a little over 2 years now, when I found out my ex was cheating on me."

"Jack that is awful. I'm so sorry." Donna said, looking at me with concern written all over her face.

"Thank you Donna, but our relationship had been gradually declining for the previous few years... We met at Uni, in our final year. When we graduated we went out to the country to work, getting jobs in schools close to each other. We fell in love, got married in '97, and had Andrew in '98 and Gemma in 2000... In 2003 when we moved back here, she took a job at another school and I started at Smith Street, where I have been ever since.

"Our relationship broke down slowly, deteriorating in a way I didn't even realise... Thinking back about it now, we got together when we were young and spent so much time together out in the country and when we moved back here. We were our first real boyfriend/girlfriend relationship and I think we stayed together longer than we should have because... We didn't know how to express our negative feelings to each other... Anyway I learnt a lot about myself from that experience and I am now happier in my life than I have been for a long time." As I said this I looked into Donna's eyes.

Donna was smiling too as I said this. The look we exchanged together said so much, probably more than I think either of us wanted to share at that stage in our relationship.

The rest of our date went so well. We explored the beachside town, had a beautiful lunch and talked and talked, sharing stories about our lives, working, and our kids. It felt so great to be with someone who actually wanted to be with me, who was interested in me and I was interested in her. I hadn't laughed so much as I did that day for a long time. Donna and I seemed to 'get' each other and it felt to me like we couldn't get enough of each other.

As the day turned into evening I held her hand for the first time. Donna giggled as we held hands, before she stopped walking and turned to face me. She placed her hands on my waist and looked up into my eyes, before leaning in towards me. I did the same and we kissed. The kiss lasted a few seconds before Donna leant back.

She bit her lip before breaking out into her beaming smile. "Sorry Jack, I just couldn't help myself." She giggled.

I placed my hands on her face, drawing her close and kissed her again. Our kiss soon turned passionate, her tongue dancing with mine. I slipped my hands down and we cuddled close as we kissed.

When we came up for air, I could see that Donna looked so happy. "Don't ever be sorry for kissing me Donna... You can kiss me anytime you like." I said laughing.

"Ok Jack... I think I might just have to take you up on that offer." She said cheekily before we kissed again. I could feel Donna's beautiful curves under my hands and against my body as we cuddled close. The little moans we shared indicated we both wanted to be together.

Breaking apart we continued to hold hands, walking close together. We ended up sharing a pizza at a little Italian place before we headed back to Donna's house. Sitting in the car we kissed again, before heading to her door. Donna asked me to have lunch at her house the following day and I of course accepted the invitation.

Kissing goodnight at the door was so difficult. I had experienced the best day in a long time with a beautiful, intelligent, cheeky, funny woman and she liked me too. It was difficult because I was already falling for her and I really didn't want to say goodnight.

We did eventually say goodnight and see you tomorrow, both with longing in our voices. As I got to my car I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. I looked at her door and I could see Donna looking at me, smiling happily. She saw me looking and waved to me, before blowing me a kiss. I grinned and did the same, driving home as happy as I had ever been.

*************

Seeing Donna for the second time was even better. While our first date was amazing, seeing her at her house for lunch was so much more relaxed. Donna was wearing blue jeans and a very nice pale blue 'bohemian' style shirt. This shirt was very pretty and showed a very attractive amount of cleavage. I too had jeans on and a dark blue polo shirt.

After a very warm, cuddly and passionate greeting at the door, we moved into the kitchen. Donna cooked a beautiful lunch and as we ate we talked about many things. After lunch we cleaned up before moving to her lounge room, sitting close together on her large lounge. It was here that Donna wanted to talk about the band again.

"So Jack you have never said what happened when the band broke up? Was it like they said in the music papers at the time 'creative differences' between you and Pat???"

I laughed a little as Donna said this. "Shouting matches, pushing and shoving, throwing instruments... Yeah you could say 'creative differences'."

"Really?"

"Yes really. We fought so much in the studio trying to make that second album. Actually thinking about it, all our differences started when we began to have success..." I hadn't spoken about this for a long time and I still found it a little difficult to talk about. Donna reached her hand over and held mine.

I took a deep breath. "Success came so quickly for us Donna. Pat was studying music and had studio session time as part of his course. We went in with him and recorded our songs... Well the first album really, over 3 weekends in the middle of '91. Someone from Pat's course heard the songs, then a record label then heard them and by the end of the year we had a manager and had signed a recording contract. I deferred Uni and we were out on the road. We played clubs, universities, were a support act many times, went anywhere to play our songs. By mid '92 we were getting radio air play, recorded our video and were starting to 'make it'.

"In the summer of '92/93 we were headlining our own shows, working really hard. Other bands, established bands, were taking notice and we were becoming known to our peers. We played a couple of festivals that summer and while we were on minor stages, they were still by far the biggest crowds we ever played for..."

I sighed and looked at Donna and she looked into my eyes. I could see she was being supportive and wanted me to share.

"We were just suburban kids Donna. We definitely were not prepared for the lifestyle and the journey we experienced. We had never had that much 'attention' before. Touring gave us a very strange lifestyle. We also had money like we never had before. We were drinking way too much and dabbling in other substances. We had girls chasing us, a record company pandering to our every need... We were in over our heads." I shook my head as all of these memories came flooding back.

Donna moved closer and put her arm around me, holding me close, kissing me on the cheek in a really loving way, almost reassuring me it was ok.

I sighed and continued "Before we went on the England tour someone tipped Pat off to the 'sound' coming out of Seattle. He loved it and insisted we listen to the 'grunge' music that was coming out; Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Nirvana... I didn't like the music at the time because I never felt that ... Sad. The music initially made me feel down. I had no reason to feel down. I was living my dream. Nige and Mick didn't like that music either at the time. I appreciate it now, some is pure genius, but it didn't strike that chord with me at the time. Pat loved it though. He started to become very introspective and encouraged by some of his 'entourage' he started to write in this style.

"After the tour, we had some time off and being home was great. I wrote so much music. I even had ideas for lyrics to work on with Pat. Songs about girls wanting to be with us, being away from home, having a good time, all the things that we were experiencing in our lives. When we got to the studio to record, I came armed with these new tracks for us to record that were in our style..." I said with a big smile on my face. Donna was smiling too.

"Pat then starts playing us the demos he had done that were all very 'down', minor key, very introspective. I thought they were depressing... We tried them out as a band and they sounded awful. I could not get my playing right to fit these songs... I actually don't think I wanted to get them right. We tried the songs I did and they sounded like us. But Pat didn't like them at all, saying they were juvenile.

"It was on. Pat and I shouted at each other like never before. ... It was all too much. Pat complained about Nige and Mick's playing, and my songs. I lost it, threw my guitar at Pat and left the studio, saying I was done. I wouldn't play his 'depressing grunge' songs...

"That night I was at home, still living with my parents, when Mick rang and said he left the band too. We got together and commiserated over too many drinks. As we talked together he told me why he left. Apparently after I had stormed out, Mick went to talk with Pat to calm him down and talk sense with him. One of Pat's 'hangers on' he had started to have around him said that it wasn't a big deal that I had left as my guitar playing wasn't that good. Mick then said that Pat agreed with the comment. Mick fired up about it, and Pat said 'Well you can leave as well'. So he did."

"Oh Jack that was awful. If it wasn't for your songs together you wouldn't have been there." Donna said.

"Well at the time he didn't think like that. His 'people' were trying to make Pat the next 'Dylan' or something. He wrote good lyrics, but only lyrics he knew about. He started to try and write these 'meaningful' songs and they were just rubbish...

"Nige called me the next day and said that he had left Pat as well. The three of us got together and got completely wasted... I woke up the next day, well after noon, feeling sicker than ever. I was so over music, the bullshit and fighting. Nige called and said he was done playing music as he didn't want to fight with his best friends. I agreed saying I didn't want to play music anymore. Mick went away for a month and when he returned he went to work for his family in their car dealership. He is still there, but now he owns it. Nige went back to Uni and finished his law degree, and I went back to finish my teaching. I cut my hair and was unrecognisable. Back at Uni I was just Jack Larson another aspiring teacher."

"Umm Jack, did you ever speak to Pat again?"

"It wasn't until... ummm ... early '97. He was touring country venues in his latest incarnation as a country singer. He was playing the town we lived in and my ex made me go to see him. I watched him play and it was 'ok'. He was still trying to be the great singer songwriter and country did seem to suit him. But to me he wasn't enjoying himself and to top it off he didn't look well.

"After the show I waited and spoke to him. He was stand offish at first, but after a couple of minutes he was ok. He said he was sorry for what had happened and I believed he was sorry. We did make up somewhat that night, but we had both moved on. We were different people. ... I never spoke to him again. He od'ed 18 months later in country Queensland after a show... We all went to his funeral and it was sad to say goodbye to my friend, but in all honesty I think I had actually said my goodbyes when I saw him play that last time. "

Donna looked so sad as I said this and she wrapped her arms around me and held me tight. It felt so good to be cared for again. I cuddled Donna tight and we were really close, physically and more importantly, emotionally. Moving apart we kissed, briefly. Donna looked right into my eyes, and I got lost looking deeply into her beautiful grey green pools. She leaned forward and kissed me again.

"Umm Jack can I just ask you something else?"

"Of course Donna. What is it?" I replied feeling better.

"In all of the times you have mentioned your ex-wife you have never said her name? Why is that?"

I smiled. "There is a reason for that... She is still in Education and at one of our regional schools we work with. I won't mention her name as you will probably have to work with her at some stage and I wouldn't want my previous relationship with her to ... ummm... Cloud your judgement of her. She is good at what she does for work, just not good at having a relationship with me."

Donna's curiosity seemed to be piqued with this information. "Have I met her already Jack?"

"You might have. But I'm not going to say anything more."

"Ok Jack." Donna replied, looking deep in thought, wondering who it could be.

We got comfortable on the lounge and Donna put on a movie. As we sat there, I had my arm around her and she was snuggled up close to me. I moved my hand along her arm, grazing my fingertips gently over her beautiful soft skin. Donna sighed a little, scrunching even closer to me.

I leant down and kissed her hair, smelling the flowery fragrance of her shampoo. Donna turned her face and kissed me.

"Jack, you make me feel like a 'teenager' again, holding hands, cuddling and kissing." Donna said as her tongue snuck out and moistened her lips. She adjusted her position on the lounge and she was partly lying on top of me, her face really close to mine. Her gorgeous grey green eyes looked deep into mine as she said "I really like you Jack."

I whispered my reply "And I really like you Donna." Before leaning forward and kissing her.

She responded, kissing me with passion. Arms went around each other and we 'made out'. Donna's kisses were so intense, so filled with emotion. The chemistry between us was amazing, particularly for people who had only known each other for such a short time.

Donna's soft curves felt amazing so close to me, under my hands. Her hands were wandering, feeling and exploring me. She squeezed my bum and pulled me close to her. I did the same, holding her full derriere in my hands.

Our actions began to get a little steamier. I slowly began to move against Donna, as my excitement was becoming more 'prominent'. Donna groaned and began to do the same against me. Things were getting very hot and heavy when Donna broke away from my kisses sitting up a little.

"Jack...Jack please stop... Stop."

"Are you ok Donna?" I asked, hoping I hadn't upset her

Donna was looking flushed, her hair all over the place. "Jack this is great... amazing, but if we keep going I... I don't think I would be able to stop. And I don't want to do 'that'. Not yet." Donna replied looking coy. "Is that ok?"

"Of course it is. I don't want to rush things either. I really like you Donna ... And I never want to make you uncomfortable."

"You are so wonderful Jack." Donna said before she kissed me lightly, running her hand down my cheek. "It isn't that I don't want more. I definitely want more of you." Donna said with a giggle, like I noticed she did when she was a little nervous.

"It's just that... Rrrrgh... It has just been Mackenzie and I for so long and she means everything to me... I ummm... I think I would like her to meet you before we 'go further'. I know she will like you, but I just want her to know you Jack. ... Does that make sense?"

I moved my hand up and caressed her beautiful face. "It makes perfect sense to me. I would really like to meet her too."

Donna smiled as I said this and she kissed me again.

The rest of the afternoon was great. We had set a boundary and while we both wanted more, we knew how far we could go. We relaxed and finished watching the movie, cuddling close on the lounge. We shared more stories about our lives. I could listen to Donna talk all day. I tried to take in every detail about her. It was the little things about Donna that I liked most; when she smiled how her dimples blossomed, the sparkle in her eyes when she looked at me, the way her hair fell down around her face, the softness of her womanly curves, the few lines around her eyes, the smattering of freckles on her arms. I loved feeling her soft hands on me and the way she bit her bottom lip when she was excited.

If it had been difficult leaving the previous night it was even worse now. I didn't want to go, but we both knew it was the right thing to do. We arranged for Donna and Mackenzie to come over to my house for dinner the following Saturday night. Gemma was going to be with me for the weekend as well, so we thought this would be a great opportunity for our girls to meet and get to know each other, and for them to get to know us as well. We also agreed to keep quiet at school as we didn't want word of our 'going out' to spread throughout the school.

We kissed passionately as we said goodbye. Driving back to my house I felt so happy. I hadn't been with anyone since my divorce. Whether it was destiny, fate or just dumb luck, I felt I had found the woman for me. I had fallen for Donna and I was going to do everything to make sure I wasn't going to lose her.

**********

The following week at school was the toughest I had ever experienced. Not because of the school work, the kids or the parents. It was because the woman I had fallen for was so close to me and I couldn't do anything about it. We did our best to keep our successful dates a secret, and to keep our relationship professional at school, but it was very difficult. I just wanted to go to Donna, hold her in my arms and kiss her. We messaged each other constantly after working hours, but we agreed not to see each other again until Saturday night.

Nige, Mick and I rehearsed again on Friday and we had now worked through 4 songs, getting them all recorded. All the excitement and 'sexual tension' with Donna did give me a lot of creative energy and I continued to write even more songs. We now had 15 song ideas to work on, and Mick and Nige liked working together again. We didn't take my ideas as set in stone, but rather a template to begin and create from. They often changed things in the songs and helped to improve the lyrics as I was still very much a novice lyricist.

I loved having them help with the music. As we were all now 'grown up' the songs we created, while still being close to our style, were a lot more mature than just the 'party and chase girls' songs we used to play.

Saturday evening finally came around. Gemma had been such a great help in getting things ready for the dinner. She even gave up going out with her friends to stay in with us for the night. She too wanted the night to go well as she could see how happy I was with Donna.

Donna and Mackenzie arrived and both looked pleased to be there. Donna gave me a kiss as she came inside. Oh how nice it felt to kiss her again. Mackenzie surprised me with her confidence. She is a beautiful girl, dark hair like her father, and a slimmer build than her mother. But she did have her mother's captivating eyes. After introductions and a tour around my house we sat down and began to get acquainted. We talked school, work, boarding school, exams; all the things the girls were into.